Got ink? Yay or neigh

Longjohn

12 minutes ago, wilbur said:

I don't really like full sleeves on women.  That is just my personal take though.  Does that say "Welcome" on her abs? :) 

It looks like it does. I had trouble seeing what all that ink was about. I think they used cheap ink and it faded.

No ink for me.  Just not a fan, really.  I have never really seen a tattoo on anyone and thought they look better with it than without it.  Just personal taste.

On the other hand, I do enjoy the shows about tattooing and marvel at the skill and artistry of those doing the work

To each their own.  If people want to look ridiculous, they should go for it.

My only concern for them is that all that colorization might make early detection of skin cancers slightly more difficult.  If I had had my abdomen covered with tattoos, I don't think I would have noticed my melanoma and had it removed until it had gotten significantly worse.  A dark mole on a large expanse of white skin is pretty obvious.     

I agree that tattoos do not make a body look better.  I think there's something built-in to the human mind that says that an unmarked, unscarred body looks healthy and that condition pleases us.  That may be why an ankle tattoo is ok to many who don't like one on the shoulder.

Of course, cultural influences play a role.

A Catholic elementary schoolmate of mine, Christine, grew up and inherited the local, popular "Mom Ward's" sub shop when her mother retired in the '80's and Christine admirably went out of her way to hire young women who were in financial or legal trouble and were trying to get their lives back on track.  Many of them had conspicuous tattoos and Christine actually got complaints from customers who didn't know anything about the women's histories, but somehow thought their food could get contaminated by tattooed women!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

"Boner Garage"?

I usually drive my car into my garage and leave it there overnight.  And I don't drive my car in and out repeatedly until the radiator blows.  

8f1e26955c871c6ab5a38f72440d1395

At your age I’m surprised your radiator doesn’t blow just thinking about the garage?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Worse than that are the boobs that look painful.

Why do people do crap like this to themselves?

People like boobs, you see.

Not to derail this thread, but the grocery store close to me wanted $6.39 for the normal size package of Oreos.  The nerve of those people...

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

But those aren't boobs.  I've never actually handled a fake one, but I suspect I would not want to.

My wife has one of each, they feel about the same to me but she says she doesn’t have any feeling in the fake one (understandable). I think the enhanced ones would still have feeling in them.

20 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My wife has one of each, they feel about the same to me but she says she doesn’t have any feeling in the fake one (understandable). I think the enhanced ones would still have feeling in them.

That's a whole different reason.

I find it sad that women get implants for non surgical / medical reasons. 

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

That's a whole different reason.

I used to feel similarly but I am accepting of pretty much anything that gets people over their perceptions of shortcomings.  To some women, it is important much like a man being judged on genital size.   If it makes them feel better about themselves, gives them needed confidence or enhances their body image, I say go for it.  Doing it for a man though, is just stupid. The young lady pictured is obviously doing it to enhance her career.  That seems silly but it is her choice.  I don't find them visually appealing.  She looks like an anime character. 

On 6/11/2019 at 7:49 AM, donkpow said:

She's a model for Bang Energy drinks.

58057756_703968843353122_121278208301386

There is organ failure waiting to happen. Wife use to see them all the time. Small ink areas, OK, but when start covering majority of body, sweat glans are filled with ink and no longer function for the expelling and cooling they were designed to do. Place additional stress on liver, kidneys and other organs as they have to do the processing.

I used to be very opposed to them. But o have had several models with well thought out designs and I don’t mind them. I get irritated by the ones who don’t have a plan. “Hey guys! Craving another tat! What should I get?”  I’ve seen that on FB several times. I’m expecting a backlash soon. They are so prevalent that non-tatted models are like unicorns  

Boob jobs, etc? Normally not my thing. Boss’s daughter one of the few good jobs. She actually had a nice figure before. I really don’t know why she added. It was just a bit more, but not overkill, at least. 

When I photograph models, it’s easy to spot the jobs when they lay on their side. Boobs jobs stay in place! When they get too big, it is so hard to shoot with models because the boobs get in the way! One model was going to get a breast reduction because all she could get were boudoir sessions! We tried a couple other things, but the boobs dominated!

21 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Ah, it is ok.  Chicks wear makeup, heels, clothes that do all sorts of things, so what is a boob job?  It may be more of the same, but it if makes the women happier, then why not?  

If there was an implant that made me look less fat, then I would get it.  I know that doesn't follow, but you get my meaning.

• 1 month later...