iTunes

Airehead

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

They have changed so much over the years that they are hard to use now. They need to improve it.

Thank you, Yogi!

I have always despised iTunes!  Good riddance! But it is a big cash cow for apple isn’t it?  Shirley they are going to “ make before break”. 

They are discontinuing iTunes in favor of separate desktop and mobile apps, or some such.

I rarely buy anything from the iTunes store, but I'm still using a dedicated iPod so iTunes is something of a necessity.  It probably could be better but I don't really have any complaints with it.

I once read that iTunes was "an easy way to empty your bank account 99 cents at a time".  But fewer people are paying for downloads and more people are streaming.

• Heart 1

I adopted iTunes when I bought my first iPod probably 12-13 years ago. Ripped my CDs to iTunes. Life was good. Radio around here stinks. I drive a lot with my job, often in rural areas where streaming is not an option. 

Apple has done a lot to piss me off with iTunes. The shuffle algorithm doesn’t work anymore. Moving playlists from iTunes to device (or vice versa) is near impossible. You can’t just add a song to a device without resynching the entire playlist, etc. 

Still, at this point, it’s easier to stay with it than reinvent the wheel. 

• Awesome 1

9 hours ago, groupw said:

I adopted iTunes when I bought my first iPod probably 12-13 years ago. Ripped my CDs to iTunes. Life was good. Radio around here stinks. I drive a lot with my job, often in rural areas where streaming is not an option. 

Apple has done a lot to piss me off with iTunes. The shuffle algorithm doesn’t work anymore. Moving playlists from iTunes to device (or vice versa) is near impossible. You can’t just add a song to a device without resynching the entire playlist, etc. 

Still, at this point, it’s easier to stay with it than reinvent the wheel. 

Yup.  This. 

10 hours ago, groupw said:

The shuffle algorithm doesn’t work anymore. Moving playlists from iTunes to device (or vice versa) is near impossible. You can’t just add a song to a device without resynching the entire playlist, etc. 

I don't see any of this... weird.  I know there's at least one software update pending that I've been skipping past.  I do sync the iPod to iTunes, but if I rip a couple CDs, or edit some playlists and then sync it only takes a matter of minutes.

The "smart playlist" feature is by far my favorite feature of the Apple stuff..... though by this time there is probably some open source competitor that does this.  I can quickly set up a playlist for a particular year, or "4-plus star rating, 2000 and later".  And I do.

11 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

My problems with iTunes were that it always ran like crap under Windows. Even now iCloud is messed up on my windows pc. Bogs it down and is always trying to do something stoopid. Very frustrating. 

Apple and Microsoft still haven’t learned how to play nice together.