Humerous encounter

sheep_herder

WoJSTL once found a tick on a patient. The patient's doctor refused to remove it. He told WoJSTL to do it. She said that he had the MD behind his name so it was his job. He eventually called in another doctor to remove the tick. Evidently the doctor had a fear of them.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

Stopped by same day care yesterday to have one of my ears checked for potential infection.  The young PA that checked on me, decided to check my good ear first.  As she inserted the scope, I mentioned that she might find some hay inside.  She said that was OK, as long as nothing jumped out and bit her. I followed with a comment that she should probably look out for ticks, as I seem to pick up some this time of the year.  Noting that I often find one or two crawling on me after returning from doing chores.  This made her somewhat uncomfortable.  After finding no infection in the sore ear, she decided it was probably pressure from liquid accumulating due to my allergies, and she prepared to leave the room.  Before she left, she looked at her arms, and indicated 'so far so good' don't see any ticks.

Funny story!  There have been times, usually July-Sept. when I take my brother Tim's dog, Jake, for a walk on a trail through woods and return to find a tick crawling on my leg.  When I tell Tim I might have introduced ticks to his house he replies, "Don't worry about that. Jake gets them from the back yard, too."

Just now, jsharr said:

Ticks I can handle.  Leeches creep me out.  Cannot remember where we got leeches, but I hated pulling those things off the boys and myself.  

As a child, we would get leeches when swimming in the irrigation canals, and ear infections when we water skied in the local bay.