Pokes, help needed

Square Wheels

56 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

I feel so violated...

...in my case, bragging about how he poked everyone diminishes the validity of the experience.  :( It's probably just locker room bragging, though.:rolleyes: Also, why do we have a cafe and not a locker room? Where do people shower in here ?:scratchhead: Don't any of the rest of you shower ?:huh:

I poked, but don't understand it's meaning.

It's easy to understand what a "Like" or a "Sad" means, but when someone sitting next to me pokes me, it usually means, "Shut up dumb ass. You shouldn't have said that!"

Without thinking or knowing, I may have disclosed information the person I addressed wasn't supposed to know or said something about an unhappy situation involving someone else that I didn't know the person I addressed recently also experienced, etc.  I've stuck my foot in my mouth often enough to know the signal!

So I'm not sure what a poke is supposed to mean here.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Almost nothing.  If a user has notifications turned on, including email notifications for Pokes, and you Poke someone who hasn't been around in a while, it will send them an email.

...what if they don't want to hear from me ?  This sounds a lot like an electronic privacy violation, and I've advised human resources of the potential for legal action.

30 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...what if they don't want to hear from me ?  This sounds a lot like an electronic privacy violation, and I've advised human resources of the potential for legal action.

There is no violation, you can always opt out from all communication.

I already sold all of the info I had on you, how do you think I can afford to keep this place running?

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

:(

...I'm not "easy", like the rest of your "friends" here apparently are, mister.   Besides, going around like you do, "poking" everyone indiscriminately, is how internet viruses are spread.  Are you using protection ?  Do we need to have "the talk" ?:huh:

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

The biggest disappointment is knowing@Airehead and @Kirby participated in his nonsense. Well definitely Aire, I suspect Kirby gave him at least one poke.      :(

Women are fickle.  But I can't see how they could have deserted you for the squirrel.  Maybe it's the BMW.   :(

• Awesome 2