I have now driven two BMWs

Square Wheels

2 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Well?

Don't know yet, we picked it up late.  I drove it home with the top down, perfect weather.  I really liked it.  It's amazing driving without blind spots.

We're taking it to the White Mountains for a long weekend, we'll get plenty of time in it.  The wife hates wind, so we'll need to keep the top up some of the time.

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

The wife hates wind, so we'll need to keep the top up some of the time.

I've never found it to be a problem in the front seats.  I've even ridden in the winter with the top down, but only in the front seat.  The back seat is windy.  Not sure if you even have a back seat, but as long as you are up front, the wind isn't that bad.

10 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Don't know yet, we picked it up late.  I drove it home with the top down, perfect weather.  I really liked it.  It's amazing driving without blind spots.

We're taking it to the White Mountains for a long weekend, we'll get plenty of time in it.  The wife hates wind, so we'll need to keep the top up some of the time.

Back in my Jeep days, I had a "bikini"top that just went from the windshield to the roll bar to keep the sun off and it did a good job of keeping the wind down.

Image result for jeep yj bikini top

does your BMW have any kind of wind blocker behind the seats?

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Back in my Jeep days, I had a "bikini"top that just went from the windshield to the roll bar to keep the sun off and it did a good job of keeping the wind down.

Image result for jeep yj bikini top

does your BMW have any kind of wind blocker behind the seats?

I’ll bet you looked cute in that.:whistle:

9 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...I'd like to say I'm happy for you, but my brother in law had a Beemer for years.  :)

I've worked on two friends BMWs, so I have to agree.

Yes, I was able to get the engine lights cleared and running right at least long enough for them to get rid of them.

Good luck, great cars when everything works right.  Which seems to be the case for all German cars, not that I would kick a Porsche out of garage.

Mom liked to have a male come along when she bought a car. If you think car salesmen are bad now...

So I was in my early 20s, and we went looking at cars. I test drove (whooops, should have said we) a BMW 2002, and I fell head over heels in love. She would have preferred something else, with the benefit of hindsight. She kept it a couple years, and sold it.

But it wasn't a total loss. Her car attracted the attention of my future father in law, who was a wonderful guy and just what Mom needed.

C'est le vie.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1