I just got reprimanded by my boss for something he does all the time.

a bunch of numbers

I'm REALLY beginning to dislike this place.  Don't get me wrong, it's still not as bad as where I was at before here, but the eliteness (if that's a word), by management around here is off the charts.  I'm supposed to update websites at the end of the day with new product and product quantity.  I missed the last two day because I got busy.  I was here until 6 last night fixing shit, but that's irrelevant.  I guess someone ordered something that showed in inventory on the website, but we had sold out of it.  oops...  He and I are the only two that update the sites, and he did it before he passed it on to me.  He never did it every night, and when I go on vacation, it doesn't get done.  But now, (in your stern voice) "We can't control the weekends, but we HAVE to make sure this get's done EVERY night."  There's more to the condescending attitudes and derogatory remarks around here, this was just the latest.

• Sad 2

My boss sent me tasks to do that took hours when I was out on vacation at the end of last month.  Told me that I had my laptop with me and that he was sure they had wifi in Lubbock.....

He called from California to do a personal task for him because it was too much of a hassle to "set up his laptop".

Bosses.....

10 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Bosses.....

right...

Yeah, I used to really like this guy as a boss, but I'm not sure how much I can trust him anymore.  He has a real bad drinking problem and can never remember anything.  We'll have a conversation about something we're working on and finish the conversation with him having to get more info from the VP or owner, then two day's later he'll come and ask me where we stand on it, making it sound like I dropped the ball.  I've covered for him a few times, but I've stopped doing that.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Rick5234 said:

right...

Yeah, I used to really like this guy as a boss, but I'm not sure how much I can trust him anymore.  He has a real bad drinking problem and can never remember anything.  We'll have a conversation about something we're working on and finish the conversation with him having to get more info from the VP or owner, then two day's later he'll come and ask me where we stand on it, making it sound like I dropped the ball.  I've covered for him a few times, but I've stopped doing that.

We may work for the same guy, except for the drinking.

My wife is really getting fried at her job. Small private firm and they keep hiring new VPs of sales.  New person will start new initiatives, change everything and then the owner will whack the person for not producing.   Then they hire a new VP, new initiatives & direction, change everything and then bam whacked by the owner. 

Shes on her 3rd VP and is so sick of the constant changes...  She’s job hunting now..

38 minutes ago, jsharr said:

My boss sent me tasks to do that took hours when I was out on vacation at the end of last month.  Told me that I had my laptop with me and that he was sure they had wifi in Lubbock.....

He called from California to do a personal task for him because it was too much of a hassle to "set up his laptop".

Bosses.....

My boss is on vacay this week, at some beach in FL. Yesterday his boss was laughing while telling someone that my boss was on vacay but still took the time on Monday & Tuesday to get payroll done. What a miserable, clueless sod.

1 minute ago, 2Far said:

My boss is on vacay this week, at some beach in FL. Yesterday his boss was laughing while telling someone that my boss was on vacay but still took the time on Monday & Tuesday to get payroll done. What a miserable, clueless sod.

Payroll and accounts payable and some shareholder services where on the list of things I did on vacation.  Also told the boss I am only going to book two of the three days as vacation, so there is that.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Payroll and accounts payable and some shareholder services where on the list of things I did on vacation.  Also told the boss I am only going to book two of the three days as vacation, so there is that.

My boss is the operations manager. We had a payroll clerk, but she had a stroke in March. We had a temp, but they let her go. Our payroll is kinda crazy, regular hours, OT hours, travel pay, per diem, people moving mid-week, everything has to be cost coded, project staff that will send in 5 versions of their time sheets. It's a mess of their own doing. I mean he literally sits at his desk all day on Mon/Tues and calls folks trying to straighten it out.

1 minute ago, 2Far said:

My boss is the operations manager. We had a payroll clerk, but she had a stroke in March. We had a temp, but they let her go. Our payroll is kinda crazy, regular hours, OT hours, travel pay, per diem, people moving mid-week, everything has to be cost coded, project staff that will send in 5 versions of their time sheets. It's a mess of their own doing. I mean he literally sits at his desk all day on Mon/Tues and calls folks trying to straighten it out.

Mine is much easier than that, thankfully, but the payables takes time when I have to wire funds, set up wiring profiles for new people, etc.   Spent over half a day working out of the three days between texts, emails, calls and everything else.  

• Sad 2

After I told my employer last week I already worked my fair share of Saturdays to find someone else to work them, one of my "stupidvisors" has been playing BS games trying to pizz me off. Like trying to tell me to start a two hour non stoppable project ten minutes before I take lunch, or starting other projects late in the day in an effort to make me work late, etc. So yesterday one of the guys knocked a mud flap off one of the trucks. "Stupidvisor" told me to delver something with that truck. I told him I couldn't because the truck wouldn't pass a DOT inspection.

Him with a smarmy attitude "Are you refusing my request?"

Me  "Are you asking me to use unsafe equipment?"

So first thing this morning he told me the truck now had the mud flap and for me to go make that delivery. See pic for his repair job. I left and spent the day dropping off resumes instead. The owner has been leaving voice mails and texts all day. Says he sat the "stupidvisor" down and the games will stop. Which means he already knew about the BS games. I haven't decided if I will call him back or not. ;) 

20190611_072513[270].jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, team scooter said:

After I told my employer last week I already worked my fair share of Saturdays to find someone else to work them, one of my "stupidvisors" has been playing BS games trying to pizz me off. Like trying to tell me to start a two hour non stoppable project ten minutes before I take lunch, or starting other projects late in the day in an effort to make me work late, etc. So yesterday one of the guys knocked a mud flap off one of the trucks. "Stupidvisor" told me to delver something with that truck. I told him I couldn't because the truck wouldn't pass a DOT inspection.

Him with a smarmy attitude "Are you refusing my request?"

Me  "Are you asking me to use unsafe equipment?"

So first thing this morning he told me the truck now had the mud flap and for me to go make that delivery. See pic for his repair job. I left and spent the day dropping off resumes instead. The owner has been leaving voice mails and texts all day. Says he sat the "stupidvisor" down and the games will stop. Which means he already knew about the BS games. I haven't decided if I will call him back or not. ;) 

20190611_072513[270].jpg

OMG, a candidate for "There, I fixed it!"

BTW, the ass end of the truck has seen better days.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I like the armor for the brake chamber!  

And one is bent back within inches of the brake. Its a great truck with a short wheel base for deliveries in tight places, but you need to dump on the fly. Or you tear off mud flaps, tail lights, etc....

On another note, I just talked to the owner. I guess I'll go back to work in the morning. The good news is they learned not to test me... :nodhead:

• Awesome 2

7 hours ago, Rick5234 said:

Sorry...  just needed to vent.

Been there.  Sometimes you just have to put up shit in the job. When I was an industrial chief chemist, I reported to the vice president of marketing, who only saw me once or twice a week and let me run the labs and pilot plant without interference.  When I switched to teaching to avoid all the bad chemicals, I was lucky that our county had 12 high schools and, because one principal got too close to a religious group and canceled school activities it didn't like, they rotated principals every 4 years among the schools.  So when you got a pain in the ass, you knew it wouldn't be a life of constant sorrow.

I think what really irked me was the way he went about it.  He asked me 'have you been updating the websites every night'?  He was on his speaker phone, and there was probably someone sitting in his office, and I know he had to be there looking at the dates on the files, so he knew it hadn't been done in two days.  Was he trying to catch me in a lie or something?  I've lost a lot of respect for the guy recently for doing shit like that. 

19 hours ago, jsharr said:

Your boss can fuck off. Oh that's right. You joined a start up. Carry on 

20 hours ago, jsharr said:

Mine is much easier than that, thankfully, but the payables takes time when I have to wire funds, set up wiring profiles for new people, etc.   Spent over half a day working out of the three days between texts, emails, calls and everything else.  

So out of curiosity, do you have an equity stake?