Today's e-Bike thread

Kzoo

39 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I am morally outraged by many things. E-bikes are one of those things. (Not at the top of the list, but on the list.) Let me know if you want the whole list.

I don't need to see the whole list.  How about only the top 259 items on your list.  That should be plenty to work with.  If more is ever needed I'll just ask again.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

And another question... Why is 'nobody' one word but 'no one' has to be 2 words?

One has to wonder why noone has fixed this yet.

Usage rules.  Double vowel would or could change pronunciation, so it is no one or no-one.

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Usage rules.  Double vowel would or could change pronunciation, so it is no one or no-one.

Pffft.  You don't make the rules.  It was probably some 'nose in the air' from Cambridge or Oxford.  I have heard rumor the Oxford has their own dictionary.  I blame them.  Noone should have to deal with their crap.

Just now, Kzoo said:

Pffft.  You don't make the rules.  It was probably some 'nose in the air' from Cambridge or Oxford.  I have heard rumor the Oxford has their own dictionary.  I blame them.  Noone should have to deal with their crap.

I don't deal with my crap.  That is why I am where I am.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

So the more I use noone the better chance there is it will be adopted by the 'know it alls' from Oxford?

Not really, unless you can get millions of people to adopt it.

You also missed the point. Dictionary companies like Oxford don't prescribe, they follow. They will, of course, tell you what the correct usage is at the moment, but the language is always changing, and they are always running to keep up.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I'm ALL IN!!!!!! I can get @donkpow too!  

Great but your response needs to include the use of the word noone.  

Are you and Donk, like lovers or something?

It's like chicks and the restroom, always having got go in pairs.  Razor and Donk.

27 minutes ago, late said:

Not really, unless you can get millions of people to adopt it.

You also missed the point. Dictionary companies like Oxford don't prescribe, they follow. They will, of course, tell you what the correct usage is at the moment, but the language is always changing, and they are always running to keep up.

If there is running involved you can tell @Kzoo that I am out!  Noone No one likes running.  It is evil, even to robots.

Just now, Kzoo said:

Great but your response needs to include the use of the word noone.  

Are you and Donk, like lovers or something?

It's like chicks and the restroom, always having got go in pairs.  Razor and Donk.

I think "donk" is the sound it makes when it hits the floor after razor cuts it off.

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Rolling or staggering is acceptable.  Noone like a quitter.

Just now, Kzoo said:

Excuse me but what are you talking about?  Noone understands this - al least I don't and I'm a noone.

Do you need a nap or a strong cup of coffee?  You are slurring your words again.

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

...noone lives in Ooxford any moore.:(

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...so you never wonder, "How fast will this thing go ?"  :rolleyes:

It's a fair question. I haven't had the interest yet but then I haven't ridden it to anywhere I really needed to be. I used to ride to catch buses but with my wife's new job, I have a new routine. And also the more power I use, the more battery drain, and the shorter my ride. Honestly, my e-bike shortens my time riding because I gain hugely on the hills and as such, I can take routes I used to avoid. Finally, my pedal assist caps out at 20 m.p.h. and I never really hit anything on my regular bike higher than 18 on the flats anyway. Usually around the 15 mph range. Now I ride about 17-18 on the flats. Longer rides it's less.

1 hour ago, Dottie said:

What kind of dolt opens two e-bike threads with the word 'today' in the subject line?? Only one dolt, that's who.

What kind of dolt can't accurately read thread titles?

The incompetence is alarming...

Just now, Kzoo said:

What kind of dolt can't accurately read thread titles?

The incompetence is alarming...

...they don't teach these kids to read any more.  They just sit them down in front of a computer terminal and call up some self learning program, then they walk away.  Which is what I'd do , too, if someone told me I had to teach @Dottie to read. So I'm not judging.  I hate people who judge.

• Haha 1