Father's Day weekend plans

Parsnip Totin Jack

Since today is my Friday, I will kickstart the thread. Going to a real barber for a haircut and a neck trim after work. Friday morning bike ride followed by the court case at 9:00. Free afternoon, I might go for a hike at Great Falls before working at the LBS at 5:00.

Saturday is the BikeMS Chesapeake Challenge; starting and ending in Easton MD on the Eastern Shore. 100 mile ride to Tilghmans Island, St Michaels, Oxford to Bellevue Ferry. Beer and food at the finish line.

Sunday is Fathers Day. Son and I are going to check out some breweries in Loudoun County. Vanish Farm, Barnhouse Brewing, and Old 690. We will bring some cigars for privacy. Lobster rolls for dinner.

• Heart 3

I work just a few miles from where my parents are buried.  I haven’t gone to visit my dads grave on Father’s Day in forever. I’m feeling the need to swing by but may do it Friday on lunch.

Seems weird that I’m getting the urge to go there.  He’s been gone nearly 40 years...

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

Just now, ChrisL said:

I work just a few miles from where my parents are buried.  I haven’t gone to visit my dads grave on Father’s Day in forever. I’m feeling the need to swing by but may do it Friday on lunch.

Seems weird that I’m getting the urge to go there.  He’s been gone nearly 40 years...

If you go, tell him jsharr caught him a delcious bass and his son is doing alright as far as his imaginary friends can tell.  I have had the urge to visit my grandfathers grave and my father in laws graves recently.   

• Heart 1

I can;t decide between my BIL's block party or The Roebling Museum with the wife and daughters and maybe brunch before.  Actually wouldn't mind watching the finish of the US Open too!   I guess it always finishes on Father's Day?  I never noticed before.

It is staged by the United States Golf Association (USGA) in mid-June, scheduled so that, if there are no weather delays, the final round is played on the third Sunday, which is Father's Day. The U.S. Open is staged at a variety of courses, set up in such a way that scoring is very difficult, with a premium placed on accurate driving. As of 2019 the U.S. Open awards a $12.5 million purse, the largest of all 4 major championships and tied for largest of all PGA Tour events (The Players Championship also with $12.5 million).[1]

My daughter just got the keys to her first apartment, about 5 miles from her. I’ll help her some, then we’re supposed to see Rocketman with BuffCarla tomorrow. I mailed my father a present, but won’t be making the 300 mile trek to my parents this weekend.