Pebble Beach this weekend!

Ralphie

I've always wondered: if the beach has pebbles instead of nice, smooth sand, why advertise the fact?

It's like the Danes who discovered Iceland naming it "Iceland." It's amazing anyone wanted to move there. When Eric the Red found a huge island full of almost nothing but ice, he named it "Greenland" to attract settlers and most of the world's real estate people have been following his example ever since!

1 minute ago, MickinMD said:

I've always wondered: if the beach has pebbles instead of nice, smooth sand, why advertise the fact?

It's like the Danes who discovered Iceland naming it "Iceland." It's amazing anyone wanted to move there. When Eric the Red found a huge island full of almost nothing but ice, he named it "Greenland" to attract settlers and most of the world's real estate people have been following his example ever since!

It's one of my favorite areas of Cali. 

39 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Our mountains are mostly granite so our beaches are fine granite sand.  NorCal does get more river stones deposited on the beaches than we do though so it could have to do with that.    

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Greenland has real estate people?  Huh?  Who knew?