Revenge is a dish served cold: Canada wins 1st NBA title.

Page Turner

...so it's pretty obvious that Canadians are generally not down with American hockey dominance.  Which is understandable.  I mean, how in hell can a place like Anahiem, CA have a professional hockey team ?  Where do they practice in the off season ?

Anyway How the Raptors Won Their First N.B.A. Championship

I'd like to say that as a person who cares little if anything about professional sports, I am thrilled that Canada as a nation has managed to do this.  I hope there is dancing in the streets of Toronto at the victory parade.  No one deserves it more,  Congratulations.

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1
  • Awesome 2

8 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...so it's pretty obvious that Canadians are generally not down with American hockey dominance.  Which is understandable.  I mean, how in hell can a place like Anahiem, CA have a professional hockey team ?  Where do they practice in the off season ?

I'd like to say that as a person who cares little if anything about professional sports, I am thrilled that Canada as a nation has managed to do this.  I hope there is dancing in the streets of Toronto at the victory parade.  No one deserves it more,  Congratulations.

I think the Canadian players wearing ice skates on the court threw Golden State off their game.  That and all the "nice shot, eh" and "sorry aboot that, eh" did not help.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Until last night, I never knew that James Naismith (inventor of the game) was a Canadian.  :o 

Canadians know that.  

9 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

I admire the sentiment, but the Raptors are no more a Canadian team than the St Louis Blues are an American team.  The Blues had something like a 70% Canadian roster and I have not checked by am assuming the Raptors had a 100% non Canadian roster

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

Canadians know that.  

I admire the sentiment, but the Raptors are no more a Canadian team than the St Louis Blues are an American team.  The Blues had something like a 70% Canadian roster and I have not checked by am assuming the Raptors had a 100% non Canadian roster

Of course Canadians know that.  In first grade they are required to memorize all 6 famous Canadians.    :nodhead:

• Haha 3

As a fan of the game that has appreciated what the Dubs have done over the past 5 seasons and was rooting for them again, I think it's great that the Raptors are the new champs.  They put together a one year plan to go all in and it worked out for them.  Seldom does that work - I can't think of any off-hand that have.

3 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Canadians know that.  

And the great Red Wings teams were neither American nor Canadian, they were Russian.  It's a small world.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

As a fan of the game that has appreciated what the Dubs have done over the past 5 seasons and was rooting for them again, I think it's great that the Raptors are the new champs.  They put together a one year plan to go all in and it worked out for them.  Seldom does that work - I can't think of any off-hand that have.

Dallas Cowboys?

21 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

I mean, how in hell can a place like Anahiem, CA have a professional hockey team ?  Where do they practice in the off season ?

They have a practice facility in Anaheim, unless you were thinking all hockey teams practice outdoors on frozen ponds?!?!!

Actually ask uncle google where the Zamboni was invented.... Gotta keep them frozen ice ponds in SoCal smooth ya know!

• Awesome 1

Just now, Zephyr said:

Why did GSW have 'Town' on their sweaters?  I noticed TO, had 'North' on theirs.  Not a regukar watcher of NBA, is this nickname thing a new trend in the league?

Relatively new trend, yes.  North is short for "We The North"

7 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Why did GSW have 'Town' on their sweaters?  I noticed TO, had 'North' on theirs.  Not a regukar watcher of NBA, is this nickname thing a new trend in the league?

Oak Land / Tree Town

The tree on the jersey is the city of oakland logo

Image result for oakland tree logo

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Dallas Cowboys?

I never said you couldn't think of one.  I said I couldn't.  I don't think their plans were one year plans.  The Raptors bet everything on Kawhi Leonard and a one year contract.  I had a HS teammate that was wrapped up in the deal the Cowboys made to trade all their picks for Dorsett. 

The 'boys made some big moves that built legacies.  

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

I never said you couldn't think of one.  I said I couldn't.  I don't think their plans were one year plans.  The Raptors bet everything on Kawhi Leonard and a one year contract.  I had a HS teammate that was wrapped up in the deal the Cowboys made to trade all their picks for Dorsett. 

The 'boys made some big moves that built legacies.  

I was being facetious. 

As a fan of the former Olajuwon/Drexler Houston Rockets, I say "huzzah" to the team that beat the Yellow State Worriers. It's become tiring watching the current "give the ball to Harden and stand around" Rockets get drubbed in the playoffs every year by Curry & Co.

5 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Of course Canadians know that.  In first grade they are required to memorize all 6 famous Canadians.    :nodhead:

That would be Ben Cartwright, James T Kirk, Jack Bauer, Art Linkletter, Monty Hall, and Rich Little, who could fill in for any of the others when needed.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Page Turner said:

Last year, when my D.C. area friends and relatives were raving about the Capitals winning the Stanley Cup, I replied, "You deserve to feel proud for getting the best Canadians to represent you!"

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1