A buddy of mine just got a promotion.

jsharr

This was posted by another high school and college friend

Our fellow classmate, Eric Smith, class of 1983 from Plano Senior High School has received another promotion within the United States Marine Corps. His new position is:

Commanding General, Marine Corps Combat Development Command, Quantico, Virginia.

Eric is a three star general and replaces the three star general (Berger) who is being promoted to Commandant of the Marine Corps (the highest position in the Marine Corps). He continues to serve our country proudly and his wife, Trish, deserves her share of credit because his success has been a team effort!

Even though Eric is not on social media I wanted to share this news to keep his classmates updated. I know we all wish him continued success with the demands of this position.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

From the USMC

Lt. Gen. David H. Berger relinquishes command to Lt. Gen. Eric M. Smith

General Robert B. Neller, Commandant of the Marine Corps is the reviewing officer. 

Best wishes to Lt. Gen. Berger who will become the 38th Commandant of the Marine Corps later this summer replacing General Neller. 

Lt. Gen. Smith just completed his assignment as IIIMEF III Marine Expeditionary Force Commander. 

That is Eric on the left receiving the colors of the unit.  That is still I clipped from the video I just watched.  

image.thumb.png.aa148f6edc002908cf70fa2053b6d704.png