Are you coming to see us next weekend?

Digital_photog

I will be camping with the 2nd Kentucky Regiment and doing blacksmith demonstrations next weekend. 

Will be arriving at Miami State Recreation Area on Mississiwana Lake Friday evening.  Demonstrations of 1812 era military and civilian exercises will be on Saturday,June 22.

We will be breaking camp on Sunday. Hoping it is not like this weekend and we have nice weather.Not a lot of fun to take the forge out in the rain.

For those of you who want to camp we will be set up next to the modern camp ground.  If you ride a bike you can also bike around the reservoir.

DSCN3287.jpg.152dc7e75b3951e0b09a00a1a6b43c36.jpg

DSCN3278.jpg.548807f11fe4355a40a4c06f7be15625.jpg

DSCN3289.jpg.a05e93eece15bdcf08f71566dca554ba.jpg

DSCN3291.jpg.f4c24bbab64ea3f7d4e1d411f948cb28.jpg

• Heart 2

Cool!  A friend and I went to see the 130th anniversary reenactment of Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg in July, 1993, which featured 5000 reenactors and the friend was so enthused she kept bugging me to go ask one of the many reenactment groups if I could join.

I thought about it but the requirement that your uniform had to be wool and other materials from the 1860's plus the fact it was 95 degrees and they had to haul 18 collapsed reenactors away in ambulances induced me to pass up the opportunity.

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

Cool!  A friend and I went to see the 130th anniversary reenactment of Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg in July, 1993, which featured 5000 reenactors and the friend was so enthused she kept bugging me to go ask one of the many reenactment groups if I could join.

I thought about it but the requirement that your uniform had to be wool and other materials from the 1860's plus the fact it was 95 degrees and they had to haul 18 collapsed reenactors away in ambulances induced me to pass up the opportunity.

This is the weekend that the state park does their huge fireworks over the lake.  They asked us to do this one as a promotion for the big Mississinewa 1812 reenactment that is coming up in October.  The largest war of 1812 reenactment in the USA.

Mississinewa 1812

A juried event that has tough requirements.  Difficult to get in. If you are approved for Mississinewa 1812 you can get in to about any reenactment in the USA or Canada.