I might buy this rug...

petitepedal

Make sure the chairs slide in and out without hitting the edge. The rug will fray, you will be made. Also someone will break a chair trying to get up from the table. It will be your sister and it will piss you off. 

• Heart 1

See, besides the cost of the flooring, this is why I'm hesitant to pull out all the carpets and get hardwood (or laminate) installed. Mrs already spends a small fortune replacing the throw rugs in the hard floored entrance hall. She'd have to buy (and regularly replace) dozens more if we had hard floors throughout the whole house. :blink:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, team scooter said:

See, besides the cost of the flooring, this is why I'm hesitant to pull out all the carpets and get hardwood (or laminate) installed. Mrs already spends a small fortune replacing the throw rugs in the hard floored entrance hall. She'd have to buy (and regularly replace) dozens more if we had hard floors throughout the whole house. :blink:

I agree!   I am one of the few remaining fans of carpet. 

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I agree!   I am one of the few remaining fans of carpet. 

I ''think'' the Mrs and I have come to an agreement. We'll replace the carpets in the living room and bedrooms with midgrade carpet, but more often per the doggie/doggies, and she gets her high priced ceramic tile in the kitchen. At least that's the plan until she changes her mind again. Meanwhile nothing gets done because we've been agreeing/disagreeing about the floors for several years now. :angry:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Airehead said:

Make sure the chairs slide in and out without hitting the edge. The rug will fray, you will be made. Also someone will break a chair trying to get up from the table. It will be your sister and it will piss you off. 

What Aire said, don’t get it. 

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, team scooter said:

She'd have to buy (and regularly replace) dozens more if we had hard floors throughout the whole house. 

That is why you invest in hand woven. All ours are wool/silk hand woven from Turkey. One we have in the living room is about 30 years old. Even with a toddler and a sorta elderly dog who has accidents, it is in great shape.

A little baby shampoo mixed with water, a light scrubbing and hang it to dry. Easy peasy.

Most rugs today are machine, not really the bad part, and woven on a fiber (usually sisal) backing; where the problem lies. The fiber is usually some exceptionally cheap material that absorbs the stain/smell/color and re leeched it back into the rug. 

• Heart 3

4 hours ago, goldendesign said:

That is why you invest in hand woven. All ours are wool/silk hand woven from Turkey. One we have in the living room is about 30 years old. Even with a toddler and a sorta elderly dog who has accidents, it is in great shape.

A little baby shampoo mixed with water, a light scrubbing and hang it to dry. Easy peasy.

Most rugs today are machine, not really the bad part, and woven on a fiber (usually sisal) backing; where the problem lies. The fiber is usually some exceptionally cheap material that absorbs the stain/smell/color and re leeched it back into the rug. 

My rugs are enemies of your rugs.  I bought them in Armenia. :) 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, petitepedal said:

It is home..original price $400something..like maybe $489..Final Sale price $329.97..that s'pose to be the lowest markdown..but it rang up with an additional 20% off..Came to $283.45 including tax...nice deal..I should probably get a pad for underneath it.

Do not even put it down without a pad. The pad will keep the rug in better shape. 

• Whatever 1