Shoes and such

Randomguy

Watch  bedo’s video’s and it will change your thoughts on what you think are quality shoes.   Compressed paper heel blocks and mid soles on $500 shoes..  You have to buy Italian to get stacked leather nowadays.   Speaking of which, I am off to buy some shoes. :) 

• Heart 2

Back in the 70s, I had a tax appraisal job that had me walking all day. I wore wingtips for a while, but eventually switched over to sneaks for the cush and arch support.

There is a lot to be said for those old shoes. The ones made in the classic British style lasted a lifetime. They were expensive, but they'd see you out.

I climbed a cliff in leather soled wingtips once. That was really dumb. Sneaks are better for that, too.

The threads first video shoes such beautiful wingtips, nice and wide in the toes! I'm jealous, even though I wear dress shoes so seldom - I even wore semi-dress-looking black sneakers while teaching in the 2000s. I have a pair of cheap black dress shoes I bought around 2000 at Thom McAn, when a former grad of our high school surprisingly gave me her 25% discount, saying, "I won't charge an Old Mill High teacher full price!"

I think I paid $25.

I used to be partial to wingtips and you got me looking. Amazon has a lot of wingtips for under $35 but I doubt comfort and durability are in them.  I normally wear black because it goes with everything and I normally only own one dress pair but there's a very-nice looking brown ("cognac") pair of a style of today's Florsheim wingtips on Amazon for $89.99.  It's surely not up to former standards, but I may buy a brown pair since I wear a lot of khaki and gray pants they would go well with. If so I'll probably wait for Amazon's Prime Day (around July 16) to see if they are half price before I pay full price.

2019302112_Brown(Cognac)FlorsheimMensMidtownWingtipOxford.thumb.JPG.8560ebec3fbb17912f2464fd37f5ac44.JPG

1689034537_Brown(Cognac)CustomerReviewforlook.thumb.JPG.a232fc157a65044979ef09729e1c8f2d.JPG

1286484485_CustomerRatingsAmazon.JPG.59ca975e7910f1a7111ab08ec7c26b66.JPG

379726023_BlackFlorsheimMensMidtownWingtipOxford2.JPG.699f882569ccbb025ce002a66ec67909.JPG

Fit and Comfort.JPG

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

:rolleyes:

He is giving some hardcore financial ruination advice, I think.  Who when they turn thirty should be buying bespoke shoes every year?  Presumably you aren't rich at this point, and you probably knocked somebody up, and I am imaging that hell, you can't get bespoke shoes without a bespoke suit and shirts and such, too.

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1

42 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

He is giving some hardcore financial ruination advice, I think.  Who when they turn thirty should be buying bespoke shoes every year?  Presumably you aren't rich at this point, and you probably knocked somebody up, and I am imaging that hell, you can't get bespoke shoes without a bespoke suit and shirts and such, too.

Dress for the job you want. 

6 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

In my defense, I usually use my lunch hour to sit in the cabriolet, strip down to my boxers, and watch asmr haircut videos.

I don't get ASMR.

At all.

This, OTOH, I get. Quiet it's not: