Vegan be damned

Dottleshead

6 hours ago, Dottie said:

Hot summer night. Decided I wanted a shake. I wanted a Coke or root beer shake. Pulled out of the driveway thru with no shake. Got the junior cheeseburger instead.

We all make decisions with consequences. Grubbin'

Careful. It’s a slippery slope.  Soon you will actually eat a meat product!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Dottie said:

Vegan be damned

You're damning @Square Wheels on his birthday?  That's messed up.

31 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I'm vveganish do one reason -- and it's a good one -- my heart health.

Probably not a good primary reason to GAS, but better than nothing.

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

So? It's still a great reason. But I'm all eyes waiting for the 'better' reason.

You aren't a vegan. Period.  So there really isn't much to discuss. Maybe just that you stop using the term incorrectly (as a description for you)?  

An example is if someone eats ONE gluten free meal (or a dozen), they aren't all of a sudden one of the gluten-free folks out there. Same with eating some meals that a vegan might also eat doesn't mean you are a vegan or have embraced a vegan lifestyle.  

Embrace what you truly are!

You and Prophet need to hang out. First, I am happy to piss you purists off. Second, 90% vegan is well 90%. Last time I checked, anything over 50% was a majority. So I could give a rip about any elitist club. Because if you and your friends are going to be cuntish about it -- I will gladly tell you all to eat a burger. If you're doing it for religious reasons, rock and roll, but count me as one to consider you a quack. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

^^^ yes, while there is some transient feelings involved, most of my previous commitment was 90% jerk. I accept that I am a vegan jerk. Just not 100% like you vegan purist jerks. Oh but if I accept your definition, I am neither a vegan nor a jerk. Probably just a dinner. I mean sinner.

11 hours ago, Dottie said:

Hot summer night. Decided I wanted a shake. I wanted a Coke or root beer shake. Pulled out of the driveway thru with no shake. Got the junior cheeseburger instead.

We all make decisions with consequences. Grubbin'

I'm gluttonous. I would have gotten both - and maybe fries and chili if they have it.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Have you worked with a dietician or nutritionist ?  You might be able to find a happy medium that allows you to eat some of those things..occasionally...Remember it is about lifestyle You have to be able to live with it!!

I am living with it! My cardiologist recommended a Medeterrainian diet and that's what I do. He said the only patients he has ever had problems with are those that couldn't give up red meat. That's been pretty easy.

I am happy. I am busting RE's chops.

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

I am living with it! My cardiologist recommended a Medeterrainian diet and that's what I do. He said the only patients he has ever had problems with are those that couldn't give up red meat.

I am happy. I am busting RE's chops.

You are an evil evil MAN!!! ?

But I think the Mediterranean diet is a great choice.  I generally lean that way, but do still eat a good bit of dairy and almost zero red meat - or any "meat" other than seafood. 

21 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

But I think the Mediterranean diet is a great choice.  I generally lean that way, but do still eat a good bit of dairy and almost zero red meat - or any "meat" other than seafood. 

Ok, so minus the dairy (maybe some creamer and some occasional cheese), do you actually refer to your diet as something?  Because I don't.  100% not vegan.  90% vegan.

4 minutes ago, Dottie said:

do you actually refer to your diet as something?

Somebody said once that Americans eat breakfast like they want to live forever, and the rest of the day eat like they were going to die manana.

I'm not quite that bad, but I've been a baaaad boy.

giphy.gif

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Ok, so minus the dairy (maybe some creamer and some occasional cheese), do you actually refer to your diet as something?  Because I don't.  100% not vegan.  90% vegan.

"Flexitarian" works.  I find it keeps is vague :D

I love eggs, cheese, and use 1/2 & 1/2 daily in my coffee. Milk goes with Greek yogurt in my muesli.  I love dark AND milk chocolate.  I'll NEVER be a vegan. 

I love salmon and tuna and other types of seafood.  Sardines, anchovies, shrimp, etc are also quite tasty, so high or low on the seafood food chain is also from where I don't mind eating.

I had a ham sandwich and some bacon the other day. Why? Because otherwise it was going into the trash. Wasting food like that is about the worst kind of food waste.

So, eat first and foremost for health, but also don't let the forest get lost in the trees.

• Heart 1

Well, dammit, if you just had a steak for dinner, that isn't many calories at all.  Nobody says you have to have mashed potatoes or fries or dessert.  Just eat 500 calories of chicken for dinner or somesuch, and enjoy some damn dark meat.  Chicken breast is a lifeless thing.

Most nutritionists are stupid, question little, and are overweight as all hell.  It is a profession for people who have little intellectual curiosity, from what I have seen.

• Haha 1