Bar Rescue

AirwickWithCheese

and made up sheot for drama

one of the contractors that used us for a few years owned some bars.One of them got on BR. Watching it I'm like this cook having a fight with the manager is a really bad actor. I talked to him later about it.He said it was all a put up to add drama

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Scrapr said:

and made up sheot for drama

one of the contractors that used us for a few years owned some bars.One of them got on BR. Watching it I'm like this cook having a fight with the manager is a really bad actor. I talked to him later about it.He said it was all a put up to add drama

Interesting. 

Would be difficult to fake the years of filthiness though. 

• Heart 1

I've seen a few episodes but can't stomach such nonsense. One episode I watched was a bar aboot 12 miles from me, not one I've ever been in, but since it was local I watched. Typical as every other BR show ? then the bar closed permanently several months after the rescue. Which I think is common. I find it comical that the BR dude gets so worked up for an establishment that's not his :D he's funny.

13 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I've seen a few episodes but can't stomach such nonsense. One episode I watched was a bar aboot 12 miles from me, not one I've ever been in, but since it was local I watched. Typical as every other BR show ? then the bar closed permanently several months after the rescue. Which I think is common. I find it comical that the BR dude gets so worked up for an establishment that's not his :D he's funny.

Mr. Tapper seems like a nice man. Mrs. Tapper is quite the looker. 

My uncle owned a bar called the Cash Inn - a play on our last name - and when he retired as an ill alcoholic/diabetic with an amputated leg, he gave it to a close women friend named Ruth in exchange for her taking car of him and his house.

Ruth was friendly, charismatic, cooked great cheap food, had pool tables, etc. etc. - but the bar slowly lost customers because she never cleaned the lavatories, etc.

I encouraged bar-loving friends to spend some time there, starting them off on big sports days, etc. when she'd have a cheap layout of great food, but they didn't stick because of the lack of cleanliness.

She eked-out a living for a couple decades until she passed away in her late 70's, but she could have made a much better income a had a much easier life if she had just cleaned the bathrooms!

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2