Peaking Too Soon?!?!?!

Razors Edge

The "good" news is I hit my Summer weight this morning on the scale. The "bad" news is it isn't Summer yet!!!!

I'm worried my new Summer weight will be lower than I want it to be, but I also worry if I try to correct it too much, I will be messing with a good thing.

I'm in a quandary.

• Confused 2
  • Envious 1

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

The "good" news is I hit my Summer weight this morning on the scale. The "bad" news is it isn't Summer yet!!!!

I'm worried my new Summer weight will be lower than I want it to be, but I also worry if I try to correct it too much, I will be messing with a good thing.

I'm in a quandary.

I have a few pounds that I'm willing to permanently donate to you to get you through this crisis.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

We all saw your lunching thread.  No need to double post here.

Lunch was left overs from dinner last night.  My youngest decided he did not want a steak, so I brought it to the office and will get at least two lunches out of it.

I did not bring the corn on the cob or the buttered sour dough bread.

16 hours ago, donkpow said:

Dial it back for two weeks.

Good news (amidst bad news)!  Watching the Tour de Suisse, and prior to Geraint Thomas crashing out, they mentioned his prep for the TdF.  He was down to one kilogram from his goal weight, and that matched ME!!!  I have a kilo of wiggle room, and perhaps I was unknowingly (unwittingly???) targeting a July optimal weight goal, and the kilo is meant to come off in that time and I had nothing to worry about.

So, I might be okay.

19 hours ago, donkpow said:

You should worry about your mental health, too. Are you sure you aren't feeling a little anxious about an upcoming Strava leg? That could explain the sudden weight loss.

"Segment", Don. Strava SEGMENT!!!

But nope, no anxiety about that lately.

There is a local guy about my age that made two laps around the lake in the same time as I made one. I never saw him. I did take time out for an O

WS. Strava is a cool thing but not quite as cool when you stop and take pictures and chat with folks. One climb segment I did yesterday I did in twenty four minutes, my best time on that segment was two minutes. That was when I was talking to the young family cycling together.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, donkpow said:

You see, this is what I am talking about, threee exclamation points and capitilzation.

I'm thinking 'intervention' ...

You should see me over in the Peking too, soon thread!  I'm almost unhinged.  It's really crazy, eh?

BTW, you should share your Strava info so I can follow you!