G's race cancelled tonight

Parr8hed

It sucks.  I am OVER the rain.  Bike races cancelled, softball practice cancelled.  Some of my buddies can't work, can't get out into the fields.  Almost had to take the canoe down my street the other day.  

At least I am fixing the kids my famous chicken carbonara tonight.  That is their fav!

• Heart 4

2 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

It sucks.  I am OVER the rain.  Bike races cancelled, softball practice cancelled.  Some of my buddies can't work, can't get out into the fields.  Almost had to take the canoe down my street the other day.   

At least I am fixing the kids my famous chicken carbonara tonight.  That is their fav! 

Man, I can't wait to hear what @Dottie says about cancelling a ride because of rain!!!  Darn Millennials and their soft constitutions :D

But I will say the rain FORECASTS have been total BS lately up here.  Lots of fake weather going on, with stuff getting cancelled, postponed, or changed for weather that never actually materializes. Maybe you need @BuffJim (the gold standard) or @donkpow (our budget version) to help make the weather go/no-go decisions????

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Man, I can't wait to hear what @Dottie says about cancelling a ride because of rain!!!  Darn Millennials and their soft constitutions :D

But I will say the rain FORECASTS have been total BS lately up here.  Lots of fake weather going on, with stuff getting cancelled, postponed, or changed for weather that never actually materializes. Maybe you need @BuffJim (the gold standard) or @donkpow (our budget version) to help make the weather go/no-go decisions????

The race course is on the river, right next to a feeder creek.  The creek is out of it's banks taking over the course.

3 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

The race course is on the river, right next to a feeder creek.  The creek is out of it's banks taking over the course. 

Sweet!! Now we're talking!  We might actually be getting into FATBIKE territory.  Can you maybe get G a fatbike for his stable?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Your new nickname is Famous Fav. ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I would be more worried about that tree covered in poison ivy than the little bit of water....

It is thick down there.  There are also a bunch of "nope ropes" slithering around.  Probably worse right now than normal.  

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Racing in bad weather causes a lot more injuries.  You don’t want to end a race season because of weather.  

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

Field next to our house a half hour ago.

64815134_2526393917384460_6705498926167883776_n.thumb.jpg.1c218fc03c2ec429ce0a9f5ecf5cd1b4.jpg

That looks like just about every corn/bean field down here.  

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Isnt it a cross course--- they could have raced

Yes, there is running in cross, but no swimming.  

1 hour ago, wilbur said:

Ok, I thought it was a road or crit race.  Who the hell cross races in the summer?

It's actually short track mountain bike.  Cross' ugly brother.  It is just being raced ON a cross course.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1