Looks like we might get more rain.

sheep_herder

We are well into our “June Gloom” with a deep marine layer blanketing most of SoCal. The marine layer has been so thick at times we needed to use windshield wipers due to the mist.  We sometimes get a peak of the sun mid day but most days it doesn’t burn through.

I was at the beach recently and got to talking to two couples visiting from KY.  They asked if they brought the bad weather and I told them this was normal for us.  I told them come back in the winter, Sunny with highs in the low 70’s most days and empty beaches.  They vowed to come back.

• Heart 1

27 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

raining in the SE mitten now...don't need it either

We have had more than average rain days but not flooded out.  This morning is different.  We've had more rain last night/this morning than any other time in the 9 years we've been there.  The trout stream was up and our pond was running chocolate brown with the mud.  I've seen lots of rain there but never discoloration of the pond and the pond is higher than I've ever seen it.

On a side note, Lake Michigan levels are extremely high and feeder rivers are unusually high for June.  Some marinas are shut down to the possibility of electrical shock from dockside service.  A co-worker competes in dragon boat races and they had a race Saturday in South Haven MI.  They were instructed by the Coast Guard that during the race, in the event of a capsize, to stay in the middle of the channel/course.  The CG would come and get them.  If they attempted to get to shore on their own they faced possible electrocution and certain drowning.

• Heart 1

I don't remember living here and being more done with rain.  Em finally had an all-stars practice last night.  Of course it rained on them a little during practice.  Everything is saturated.  We are predicted for strong chances of scattered T-Storms but no straight up rain predicted yet.  I am so over it.  Come Aug I will prob be begging for some.  

The TV news has been predicting the fiercest precipitation since Sodom and Gomorrah for the past two days, which barely materialized for only a short period, but the heat index due to high humidity has reached the mid-upper 90's so I've been lazy the past two days and dinner was leftovers: baked chicken thighs eaten as sandwiches on excellent onion rolls and the last half of a big Chinese carryout Pepper Steak & Onions with Pork Fried Rice combo.