Saturday Adventures

Airehead

Today will involve an experiment to see what happens to my shoulder when chainsawing two trees that are broken and hanging over the garden.  PT has worked quite well, but this will be a bitostrain.  It is however the first dry weekend we have had where we were available to do the job...........dry till this afternoon that is.  After that, surprise, rain.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

How bout you Airehead???

Putting a coating of polyurethane on the floor cloth for the porch. Hopefully getting furniture moved out their if floor cloth dries. Picking strawberries and delivering some to people who cannot physically pick their own.  Grocery store.  Maybe trying to find a rug and welcome mat for front porch now that door is painted.   Dinner with our Airedale friend. 

• Heart 2

Did some work at church early this morning. Getting ready to take my dad to Syracuse to see my brother. Grand kiddos will be here later so will get back and see them later.

• Heart 2

Saturdays have been reserved for Dad.  We are having the deck guy come over and finish some work for us and then we drive 60 miles to go see dad.  Afterwards, probably hook up with some friends. For the first time in eons, tomorrow appears to be shaping up as a free day.  Probably get some desperately needed yard work done. Maybe even go purchase some new screens for the windows.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Today will involve an experiment to see what happens to my shoulder when chainsawing two trees that are broken and hanging over the garden.  PT has worked quite well, but this will be a bitostrain.  It is however the first dry weekend we have had where we were available to do the job...........dry till this afternoon that is.  After that, surprise, rain.

20 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I survived the trees.  I could barely raise my arms up enough to wash my hair after.

The good news is they are done.

• Heart 1

I am running to do the remaining financing on my furniture :loveshower:  It will be about $2,500 including the area rug for the living room.... Brunch/Lunch with my neighbor and a Graduation party late this afternoon.

@Airehead  I got my one rug...at Pier1  closeout!!!  and it is indoor or outdoor...It was also ...kinda like my couch & chair...just a killing time day...not a shopping mission :dontknow:

• Heart 1

46 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...it's hard, but you should try to stretch sometime soon, and tomorrow as well.

First I have to get on my back to do the spine straight thingie.  Then I have to contemplate the PT exercises I have to do for the shoulder trouble.  Then after a suitable period of time and sufficient motrin I'll contemplate taking a nap.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I'm now carefully watching womaxx use a chain saw for the first time to take off some the branches on the pieces that have to be dragged away.  :o

It's frightening but I gave her the safest saw I had, a 6" blade on 2 sections of what is normally a longer pole for working on overhead stuff.  This way the blade is about 6' away from her and she is limited to small branches only.  In her favor, she seems to be doing well.  I had to go out once to show her why she was stuck in a cut that was tightening around the blade as the branch collapsed.  After getting the saw loose I had her finish the cut in an upward cutting motion.

Don't tell her but it's funny to watch her unconsciously impart a small sawing motion to the process while the chain is chewing through a branch.

I can really recommend these small electric saws, even my main saw for use around a normal yard where lumberjacking isn't needed.  They are a lot safer.

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Wait......you wanted to be on a lake.  You're on a lake.

Am I correct in believing that what you really wanted was to be on a bitodryland next to a lake?

I just wanted to be able to get to the lake without jumping through hoops. I hope they don’t close the railroad bed while I am out here.

Got my haircut this morning.  Then I went to visit someone at the hospital who didn't really want visitors - so that was quick. Then I did some shopping and I'm looking forward to a nice nap.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I saw Toy Story 4 with RO.  I have to take some shirts I ordered back to a store, the sleeves are too short.  I need to study for a certification on HPE's hyperconverged infrastructure, and also do laundry.

Gay pride shirts?

• Haha 1

Today is Sunday and I'm gong to hand-wash a few shirts as my washing machine has been broken for seven weeks now and still not repaired. This is a big deal for me, as standing and bending over the sink is difficult.

I'm now on a reading binge and am re-reading some of Richard Morgan's novels before beginning a new one...at least for me. A light lunch and a Chinese carry-out for dinner, then I'm going to sit for a long time thinking about starting intermittent fasting in order to lose some weight. I tend to sit and think about this a lot.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

16 hours ago, Longjohn said:

This actually works. Whenever my belly is getting bigger than I want it I make sure I don’t eat anything after supper and I delay breakfast or skip it altogether. Belly goes flat in no time. That’s the skinny guy’s weight loss plan.

God.....I wish I could believe that this would happen. I've had to throw out all my trousers as they won't fit as well as most of my shirts. When I moved here the new Docs found that I had stomach ulcers and then went ahead and cured me. Result was, that after twenty years I regained my appetite and now I get hungry.......two stone weight gain as a result. A win some....lose some situation.