Saturday Adventures

Airehead

16 hours ago, Longjohn said:

This actually works. Whenever my belly is getting bigger than I want it I make sure I don’t eat anything after supper and I delay breakfast or skip it altogether. Belly goes flat in no time. That’s the skinny guy’s weight loss plan.

They now call that, intermittent fasting.  You were ahead of the curve!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

They also call that not snacking between meals!  Wilbur, that seems to considered a fad diet. 

I'm not sure that this is the same thing. The fasting thing depends upon no food for a period.... which causes your fat reserves to be drawn upon..... as opposed to the decreased calories option which does not. 

52 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

Spent the day demonstrating blacksmithing and teaching large masses of people about the  war of 1812.

65172153_10219336260667454_1298191686698008576_o.thumb.jpg.18230bd5c8f92205a2e4ba69ace04855.jpg

Many people must have slept through history class in school.  You would.... or may not, be surprised how many hadn't even heard of it. 

There was even songs about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Mississinewa

The Battle of the Mississinewa, also known as Mississineway, was an expedition ordered by William Henry Harrison against Miami Indian villages in response to the attacks on Fort Wayne and Fort Harrison in the Indiana Territory. The site is near the city of Marion, Indiana.

Today, the location is the site of Mississinewa 1812, the largest War of 1812 reenactment in the United States, which is held every October. The annual festival draws thousands of visitors from all over the world.

About 40 of us were doing a promotion for the large reenactment in October. We were set up about 15 miles from the battlefield where we will be in October.

• Heart 1