Windows and door installed

smudge

12 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Are you going to paint the particleboard as well.  I've had some bad experiences with water and particle board.

I am painfully aware of the exposed particleboard. Was thinking of T1-11 siding, but kzoo had a good point that it's redundant after having already put on the OSB. It's what I will probably use, but I'm trying to come up with some other idea. No, not vinyl.

7 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Have you noticed that the roof is longer than the shed?

Yes, smart Alec! It's called a porch. :P Note the floor under it with a chair.  As stated, there will be a bench on the left, and there will be a railing on the right.

1 hour ago, wilbur said:

Nice but it really needs a CB rocking chair on the porch.  Maybe a shotgun too.  :) 

I will lend you a shotgun. The little Citori would be perfect because it has that short barrel. It is also pretty durn accurate. 

BC42D8F1-E1A6-497F-A5BD-3780EAD94B66.jpeg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Poor, poor @Dottie must be seething.

Au contraire.  I'm quite happy for smudge.  Very excited for them! It's coming along great.

But I do think this is a good time to bring up that my shed will not be storing 20 lb bicycles.  Instead, it'll be storing over 30,000 lbs of firewood and/or wood pellets. So it's kinda an apple/orange thing.

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Au contraire.  I'm quite happy for smudge.  Very excited for them! It's coming along great.

But I do think this is a good time to bring up that my shed will not be storing 20 lb bicycles.  Instead, it'll be storing over 30,000 lbs of firewood and/or wood pellets. So it's kinda an apple/orange thing.

Does petrified wood weigh the same as normal wood?  asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

It has to be asked.  Was it windows 10 or something more suitable for the woods.

Windows 3. Was supposed to be Windows 4, but the trapezoid window is too big for the loft. It may go in the back wall. But I'd still like to have a small window up there, so it might end up as Windows 5.

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, smudge said:

but I'm trying to come up with some other idea. No, not vinyl.

Straw

Sticks

Brick

You might be able to get away with straw or sticks unless there is a big bad wolf around huffing and puffing?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Straw

Sticks

Brick

You might be able to get away with straw or sticks unless there is a big bad wolf around huffing and puffing?

There could very well be wolves there. Definitely coyotes, a badger, deer, a big male bear, and a momma bear with three Cubs from last year. Good Lord; maybe I should do concrete blocks!!!

Oh! And a couple moose!!