Weird for me but not really weird

ChrisL

I have scissors in my pen holder.  I have not put scissors in my pen holder since 1987 when a drunken soldier went on the rampage in the Provost Marshall’s Office where I was the Desk Sergeant.  He slipped loose from my MP’s while they were uncuffing him in the cell and started throwing shit around the PMO.  He grabbed a pair of scissors out of the pen holder off my desk and cane at me.  I drew down on him and if he took one more step would have been dead but looking down the barrel of a 1911 sobered him up real quick. 

Anyway since that day I haven’t put scissors on my desk, always hidden in a drawer. Until Friday when I needed to trim som plastic off a container and put the scissors there....

Yeah weird for me but not really weird

1402861B-E1C6-40D5-A230-D5A6ABD31D89.jpeg

• Heart 2

I often wonder how many people never found their scissors/big knives after I had been at their house.  

Whenever I got called to a residence, anytime i noticed knives or scissors out on the counter I would just quietly just open a random drawer, and drop the items in and close it again.  Outta sight, outta mind.

Only once did someone ever ask why I did it.  I simply said "So you don't pick it up and make me shoot you"

• Heart 3

Good eye, some pens (I like the Uniball Signos so buy my own) and some Alphabet stickers for a project I was working on.  It looked cleaner than printing the letters & cutting them.  However I forgot we had a label maker and so $.97 X2 wasted...

• Heart 1