What's shakin?

Olas Nah

In terms of movie reviews...I will have to think on a couple. 

'Wind River' - Fantastic film with a haunting score. Jeremy Renner was great in this. The story was compelling. Really worth watching. 

'First Man' - I thought Gosling was miscast as Neil Armstrong, and they got his character all wrong, as well as Aldrin's to an extent, but the technical accuracy of the space sequences was great and the musical score was also nice. That being said, I'm still looking forward to the upcoming special documentaries and films about the moon landing. 

'Infinity War'/'Endgame' - The first one got off to a rocky start, but kept building momentum and all I can say is that everything involving Thor was fantastic and Thanos was a brilliantly complex villain. The 2nd film was really slow to get the ball rolling but understandably they had to establish the impacts of Thanos' use of the gauntlet which changed a lot. I didn't care for how Thor became this beer guzzling loser...I had hope he might have become some dark and vengeful king who had retreated to some dark place and they would have had to pull him back to reality. The comedy of all that was lost on me, as well as the Mark Ruffalo/Hulk stuff. The final action battles were good if a bit confusing, but I have to say, the death of Tony Stark was moving as hell, and I had a tear in my eye. 

'Captain Marvel' - total crap. The movie was all too aware that it was some sort of women's liberation movement and any male actor of any sort in the film was virtually emasculated or was a chauvanistic pig. The action and even the effects were sub-par and all I can say is that I hope a sequel is of much better quality. 

'Black Panther' - mediocre. This film was also all too aware that it was a black superhero movie so it was filled with all sorts of cliches like token white guy helpers and the whole 'Wakanda is sitting upon some super precious element so naturally we're all better than everyone else' was pretty ironic. A good example is how the Wakandan scientist girl just casually indicates that she's so much smarter than Bruce Banner who in the comic world is like a legendary super-intelligent character, along with Stark. There was no attempt at toning any of this down. Plus, Killmonger's motivations were soured by the inept weakness of T'Challa and played the audience like Killmonger was somehow wrong. Dude won the fight fair and square and suddenly nobody wanted to follow him just 'because'. The final battle at the end was a bit hokey because you can see that nobody is really getting killed outside of Killmonger himself in his fight with T'Challa. But, it ended well. Was a bit better on the 2nd viewing. 

One other feature that was a surprise to me, which I didn't really notice when buying it, was that they've apparently gotten rid of quick-release levers for wheels? I seem to remember some states mandating something about locking nuts on bike wheels, but wasn't sure if this impacted it or not, now the wheel comes off via handle screw and bolt. This makes me a bit mad because now I can't use the fork mount thing inside my car, and I'll have to rig up something else for carrying it inside my SUV. I've got a hitch mounted bike rack, but I don't feel like leaving my bike unattended, even if it's locked to the hitch mount, so I usually keep my bike inside my car. 

12 minutes ago, Olas Nah said:

One other feature that was a surprise to me, which I didn't really notice when buying it, was that they've apparently gotten rid of quick-release levers for wheels? I seem to remember some states mandating something about locking nuts on bike wheels, but wasn't sure if this impacted it or not, now the wheel comes off via handle screw and bolt. This makes me a bit mad because now I can't use the fork mount thing inside my car, and I'll have to rig up something else for carrying it inside my SUV. I've got a hitch mounted bike rack, but I don't feel like leaving my bike unattended, even if it's locked to the hitch mount, so I usually keep my bike inside my car. 

It's has the new "through axle". Some, like on my Breezer Doppler, has something that looks like a quick release lever, but it works differently. Some require a tool. You should be able to use the fork mount with an adapter.

One thing about the hydraulic brakes: Don't hang the bike upside down on hooks and avoid laying it on its side. If you aren't careful, you can get air in the brake lines.

58 minutes ago, Olas Nah said:

Besides what Jerry said, the through axle will add stiffness to the wheel at the axle which is important due to the added forces of disc brakes.  

Its been a thing with mountain bikes for a while and now pretty common with road disc.

1 hour ago, Olas Nah said:

'Large' I'm guessing the CM range is between 56 and 58

Too small for me. I’ve been looking at either the Trek Emonda sl6 or Specialized Robaix comp. both in Ultegra. 

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Where you expecting him to give it to you?  Or maybe just a test ride!?!?  ?

I was going to steal it. Do you know how expensive new bikes are??

• Haha 1