Jello

Airehead

We never make jello salad (although I think it's a big family recipe for one of our cousins).  However at least once a summer my Mom would make jello for dessert - usually strawberry with sliced bananas in it.  I may need to make some this summer.  :nodhead:

• Heart 2

I eat Jello about 4 times a week as part of lunch.

My Mom use to make a concoction of cole slaw mixed in Jello. Evidently on my Mom and I liked it. The rest of the family hated the stuff and WoJSTL refuses to make it for me.

FYI: Jello is good for strengthening fingernails and toenails.

• Heart 2

Gelatin is very good for you. Its' easy to digest, and the amino acid profile is excellent for healing. However the sugar in Jello is almost as bad as the gelatin in it is good.

It would make a decent post ride snack..

• Heart 1

I don't understand it.  You can't chew it, you can't drink it, it's mostly tasteless and falls off your utensils.  The only use I ever found for it was when I was a kid on the swim team, it was a thing to down half a box of jello right before your race.  Didn't work, I still lost.

13 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Jello is a medical necessity.  What else can one eat during colonoscopy prep?

I don't have it often but I ate a lot of the stuff  when I was in Intensive care. Chicken broth and jello for breakfast beef broth and jello for lunch and vegetable both and jello for supper. Sometimes I would just have a popsicle and morphine for breakfast and lunch. 

Wo46 would sit in my room eating a chef salad and all I could have was my broth and jello. But I guess the revenge was she couldn't have any of my morphine.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1