Need decorating advice from Mr. Cheese

Airehead

14 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

It's fabulous!  Lindy has christened the rug now so all is well.   :)

I bet your home will be a showplace. Kirby and I should be your first guests. 

Yes please visit. You guys can come before everything is done because you won’t judge. 

10 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Beautiful yard, Aire!

The field looks nice. Closer to the house still ankle swallowing mud waiting for the excavator. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Road Runner said:

We call them "sun rooms".

We call them screen rooms or screen porches or in some cases, sleeping porches, depending on what they are used for.   A nice sleeping porch within the sound of running water is a wonderful thing, esp. in cool weather.

• Heart 1

They are screened porches if the walls are made of entirely screen over vertical supports.  If the walls are partially solid construction, then they become rooms or sun rooms.  Sun rooms usually have some sort of screen/window option, allowing for use of the room in the winter and protection from the elements year round.

4 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

They are screened porches if the walls are made of entirely screen over vertical supports.  If the walls are partially solid construction, then they become rooms or sun rooms.  Sun rooms usually have some sort of screen/window option, allowing for use of the room in the winter.

You are finally wrong.  A sun room is glass enclosed and has climate control.  

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

They are screened porches if the walls are made of entirely screen over vertical supports.  If the walls are partially solid construction, then they become rooms or sun rooms.  Sun rooms usually have some sort of screen/window option, allowing for use of the room in the winter and protection from the elements year round.

I'm sorry, this is simply not true. Mrs. McKissick had a sleeping porch upstairs to stave off the Greenville August humidity. Solid walls with screened access on 2 sides. All screened access is for the poor.  

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You are finally wrong.  A sun room is glass enclosed and has climate control.  

Probably.  I was just talking out of my ass for fun.  

My best friend had a sun room.  His had screened jalousie type windows, I think they are called?  They covered most of the walls.  He could close or open them depending on the weather. 

• Heart 1

Just now, Road Runner said:

Probably.  I was just talking out of ass for fun.  

My best friend had a sun room.  His had screened jalousie type windows, I think they are called?  They covered most of the walls.  He could close or open them depending on the weather. 

Correct.  The windows can either be fixed, removable or opening and the room can be a screen room if they are removed.  But most screen rooms are simply enclosed areas with no climate control.  

2 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

You are too far north. In fact, Salisbury is too far north.   :)  Greenville is just perfect. Any more south you run into Columbia and Atlanta. 

Greenville is farther north than Dallas.  Just wanted to toss that in here.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Greenville is farther north than Dallas.  Just wanted to toss that in here.

Dallas is too far south even though it's close and certainly too far west. Greenville is perfect. Well, other than our Westside now with the summer illegal migrants. 

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Correct.  The windows can either be fixed, removable or opening and the room can be a screen room if they are removed.  But most screen rooms are simply enclosed areas with no climate control.  

Remain silent, you are an ignorant Texan. Although you were mostly correct you failed to account for second/third floor sleeping porches inside great southern plantations. Tara had 3 upstairs sleeping porches. 4 if you count the sleeping accommodations for the working volunteers near the fields. 

1 minute ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Remain silent, you are an ignorant Texan. Although you were mostly correct you failed to account for second/third floor sleeping porches inside great southern plantations. Tara had 3 upstairs sleeping porches. 4 if you count the sleeping accommodations for the working volunteers near the fields. 

I mentioned sleeping porches in my first corrective post to the ignorant bird man.   And here is one of my favorite sleeping porches at Greenwood Creek Ranch on the Colorado River.

2012-05-27134257.jpg

2012-05-27134609.jpg

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I mentioned sleeping porches in my first corrective post to the ignorant bird man.   And here is one of my favorite sleeping porches at Greenwood Creek Ranch on the Colorado River.

2012-05-27134257.jpg

2012-05-27134609.jpg

That's 3 sides, beautiful but improper. 2 sides maximum for the wealthy or you might as well be one of the working volunteers

12 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

That's 3 sides, beautiful but improper. 2 sides maximum for the wealthy or you might as well be one of the working volunteers

Sir, that house was built by a captain of industry and a true Texan, John W. Carpenter and has hosted many dignitaries in it's long history.   The mattresses are the some ones used in Hilton hotels, and to be fair, the port only has two screen walls.  The step back makes it appear to have three, but is does not.  Greenwood Creek flows beside the house and the Colorado river flows in front of the house.

If you continue to besmirch my sleeping porch, Wojsharr will not give you a delicious bass caught in Greenwood Creek and you will lose your zipline and kayak privileges.

photo 2012-05-27144352.jpg

2012-05-27120438 (1).jpg

2012-05-27125346.jpg

2012-05-27134715.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, late said:

I love a good chaise lounge. However, somewhere along the way the good ones got painfully expensive.

8 hours ago, jsharr said:

Needs a ceiling fan with blades shaped like palm fronds and a large frosty mint julep on the table next to the chair.

Well there is a ceiling fan but not fronds. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Neither do you Al Gore.  

Al Gore will be remembered by history, people that make substantial contributions get remembered.

That wasn't an insult, it was a compliment..