Have You Ever Been Bitten?

ChrisL

Like actually bitten by another person or a dog?

I got a chunk taken out of my calf by a drunken soldier clearing a brawl at the E club.  Fucker, he paid a steep price for his stupidity.  

Got tagged twice by our K-9’s, once was my fault and got tagged in the arm reaching into the K9 van answering a call.  I got it on the right cheek clearing a building with K9 and the freaking dog confused me for a perp.

Worse one was when one of my sisters was teasing my daughter when she was young. For some reason she chomped down on the top of my shoulder near my neck in anger or maybe fear.  Holy smokes that hurt and I couldn’t get her to release for several seconds.

• Heart 1

Was bitten by other kids when I was a kid and did my share of biting as well.

Been bitten by members of the opposite sex more recently than childhood, but not in anger.

Been bitten by dogs several times when interceding in dog fights.  Comes with fostering and working with all the rescue dogs.

• Heart 1

Yes.  A neighbor's dog bit me on the leg when I was riding my bike.  I was probably about 10 at the time.  The farmer saw it happen and came over to see if I was OK.  I had ripped jeans and some blood.  He was really sorry but hey this was farm country - stuff happens.  I wiped some blood off and went on my way.  My mom was pretty concerned but no stitches were required.  There was a pretty long gash down the side of my calf but not very deep.  The next evening the farmer stopped by to say he put the dog down.  Apparently that day it bit their younger daughter in the face.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

Yes.  A neighbor's dog bit me on the leg when I was riding my bike.  I was probably about 10 at the time.  The farmer saw it happen and came over to see if I was OK.  I had ripped jeans and some blood.  He was really sorry but hey this was farm country - stuff happens.  I wiped some blood off and went on my way.  My mom was pretty concerned but no stitches were required.  There was a pretty long gash down the side of my calf but not very deep.  The next evening the farmer stopped by to say he put the dog down.  Apparently that day it bit their younger daughter in the face.

when I was growing up in Oklahome, we had a heavily wooded lot with a creek in it next to our house.  All the kids came there to play, climb trees, ride bikes, etc.  We had a heavy wire that ran from out back to to a tree in our back yard with a chaing on a pulley attached to it.  We could put our dog on the chain and he could run, play and still be restrained.

There was a neighborhood girl with blonde hair who would tease our dog, stay just out of range of the chain and taunt him, kick at him and just be kind of a jerk to him.   He got to the point where he did not like blonde haired girls.  We also got robbed while living in that house.  Our dog was found in the garage, drugged, or knocked out, not sure how or what the robber did to the dog, but after that he would go after middle aged men in jumpsuits, like mechanics overalls.

Dad had the dog put down after he bit a girl.   

Been bitten by my dogs separating them a few times

Been bitten by hogs

Been bitten by sheep

Been bitten by cats

Been pecked by chickens

My kids have bitten me

And of course, the obvious bug bites

With wild or unfamiliar animals, I've always make sure I'm properly protected.

I think I'm good for awhile.

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

Been bitten by my dogs separating them a few times

Been bitten by hogs

Been bitten by sheep

Been bitten by cats

Been pecked by chickens

My kids have bitten me

And of course, the obvious bug bites

With wild or unfamiliar animals, I've always make sure I'm properly protected.

I think I'm good for awhile.

Never bitten by a hog or a sheep.  I have been bitten by a horse, dogs, cats, gerbils, a rabbit, birds, bugs, snakes, lizards.  Pinched by crawdads.  

I had brothers so sure I got bitten.

My collie bit me in the balls when the Rams won the Superbowl a couple of decades ago. We had about 10 people over for the game and we were all yelling and screaming. Rosie didn't like a lot of noise or excitement. So when the Rams, won I jumped up out of the chair yelling and Rosie nailed me. I was on the floor for a while after that. She must have been Titans fan. We still laugh about it every Superbowl. 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Never bitten by a hog or a sheep.  I have been bitten by a horse, dogs, cats, gerbils, a rabbit, birds, bugs, snakes, lizards.  Pinched by crawdads.  

That reminds me, forgot about Guinea Pigs.  I quickly learned to wear heavy gloves with them when we are doing things they don't like such as trimming nails, bathing or sometimes petting them.

1 minute ago, JerrySTL said:

I had brothers so sure I got bitten.

My collie bit me in the balls when the Rams won the Superbowl a couple of decades ago. We had about 10 people over for the game and we were all yelling and screaming. Rosie didn't like a lot of noise or excitement. So when the Rams, won I jumped up out of the chair yelling and Rosie nailed me. I was on the floor for a while after that. She must have been Titans fan. We still laugh about it every Superbowl.  

Having had numerous Border Collies and Aussies, I believe it.

I always say, if someone breaks into the house, I better be ready because I'm probably the one that's getting bitten.

• Haha 2

During the war when I was a toddler I remember crawling over the kitchen floor towards the Greyhound's dish (a useless object which never won a race). It was the smell of a sheep's head that my father had boiled which must have attracted, me as meat was scarce during the war. As soon as I got near it bit me between the eyes, in exactly the same spot where later I was shot by an air rifle and speared by an arrow.

It's a wonder really I survived childhood, given all the things that happened to me.

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Indy said:

Having had numerous Border Collies and Aussies, I believe it.

I always say, if someone breaks into the house, I better be ready because I'm probably the one that's getting bitten.

My Aussie nipped at the kids heals often but she knew better to try that sheot with me.  She would also shut down a ruckus like @JerrySTL experienced but she wouldn’t bite.

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Rosie would break up fights by pushing between people and barking. We sometimes would act like we were fighting ourselves and she'd go nuts.

Yeah mine would do the same. She broke up many a fight between my kids before I could separate them.  

Funny thing was she wouldn’t let my wife hit me (play fight) and if she hugged me my Aussie would growl at her. Me, I could hit my wife and my Aussie didn't care!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Nephew bit me in the nipple. I was reading the paper, drinking my coffee and he was crawling around the couch. All of a sudden - OUCH. I let him live.

When I had a paper route, a Collie bit a hole in my canvas paper bag I was using as a shield. I shudder to think.

Got bit riding when I was about 13. There was a whole posse. The redneck lady said "Most of them had their shots."

I have a phobia of large vicious dogs. I know there were some bad experiences from early childhood.

Scariest day of my life was when the German Shepherd that I had to pass every day took advantage of he huge snowdrift to walk over the fence. He followed me forever. I was stunned he didn't eat me.

Been bitten by a couple dogs. Most painful was a horse bite to my back. As a young teen I caught a Fox pup, got bit and seven rabies shots☹️

Been bitten by a variety of critters, dogs, snake, snapper turtle, parrot. The most painful & memorable was a pony.

I was younger than 10, there was some kind of carnival where they had pony rides. I felt bad for the ponies and was feeding the ones that were resting grass. So I gave the pony a handful of grass and was rubbing his ears. He thanked me by taking a chunk out of my belly.    :unhappy:

I've had a few cat and dog bites over the years.

In my neighborhood, we kids were all stung by bees often enough that we didn't even pay attention to or treat the stings after experiencing them for a few years. Lucky no one was allergic!

An older man in our neighborhood, whose home predated our community which was built around him in the late 40's, had a lot of beehives.  So we barefoot kids stepped on bees around clover flowers, brushed our arms against them, etc. and got stung.  We grew up thinking that was a normal part of life and I don't think any of our parents thought it was a big deal.

Mr. Shipley, the beekeeper, treated us to pressed honeycombs every so often so everybody liked him.  He would smoke the hives wearing no protection.  We'd stand back but still get lots of bees flowing through our hair after carefully sticking the ends of our pants in our socks and rolling our sleeves so they were tight against our arms so the bees wouldn't get trapped under our clothes. We never were stung when helping Mr. Shipley with the honeycombs, though feeling the bees moving through your hair is scary!

• Heart 1