This has an inside track of being the dumbest movie ever

AirwickWithCheese

32 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Only way I would ever go see this movie is if you showed up on my doorstep, we flew to the theatre on a magic carpet, and you bought the Junior Mints and Mr. Pibb.   

If she showed up on your doorstep you would drive her there in your old VW.  You would pay for the Jr Mints and the Mr. Pibb and offer to get her a refill.

And your heart wouldn't stop pounding in your chest for a week.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I wonder if that would actually happen.  If the Beatles were not the Beatles, and their music came out today, would anybody notice?  

People are all ohhhh and ahhhh about their songs but mainly(IMO) because of who they are, not the music itself.  You cannot become a star today without the young fan base.  Would they get it?

• Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I wonder if that would actually happen.  If the Beatles were not the Beatles, and their music came out today, would anybody notice?  

People are all ohhhh and ahhhh about their songs but mainly(IMO) because of who they are, not the music itself.  You cannot become a star today without the young fan base.  Would they get it?

Think about Elvis in today's music scene.  I think at the time the Beatles and Elvis and the whole music scene were so very counter culture to what the world had known up until then.  It happens.

Rap was to the early 80s what rock and roll was to the 50s.

Not sure what the next big thing will be.

• Heart 1

RT has rated movies over 60 points lower. Long ways from worst...

With the help of Martin, the Beatles changed what pop music was, in several ways.

You can't separate the music from the era. Tastes change, styles changed (rap, really??) and the business itself changed. The best producers supported their artists in a variety of ways, and that is mostly gone.

They were one of the best.

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Think about Elvis in today's music scene.  I think at the time the Beatles and Elvis and the whole music scene were so very counter culture to what the world had known up until then.  It happens.

Rap was to the early 80s what rock and roll was to the 50s.

Not sure what the next big thing will be.

You are defending that nonsense?