Speaking of weed, what is your most noxious one?

Ralphie

Probably poison ivory for me.

A new sneaky one this year was Virginia creeper that tried to take over the patch of Englich Ivy, itself an invasive plant - sheesh! I blame roadrunner.

In previous years, a load of cow shit on the lawn led to oodles of henbit that took YEARS to get rid of.

Thistles are quite prominent, as are jagger bushes and milkweeds.

'

In a corner of my lot, by the street, I used to have 4 pine trees that looked pretty all in a row. I didn't notice the vines until they had killed one of the trees. I brought the tree down, but not before it knocked one of the other trees a bit sideways.

Since then, I've been fighting that damn vine, as it has been spreading, underground, across my yard.

• Sad 1

In my lawn, it's common (English) ivy.  Weed killers won't kill it.  You've got to get it out by the root.  Pain in the butt - and back and shoulders and arms and hands and knees.  It stages new attacks every few years and if you don't get at it right away, the problem increases exponentially.

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

In my lawn, it's common (English) ivy.  Weed killers won't kill it.  You've got to get it out by the root.  Pain in the butt - and back and shoulders and arms and hands and knees.  It stages new attacks every few years and if you don't get at it right away, the problem increases exponentially.

Did you or a neighbor plant it, or did it just appear?  There are some woods near a residential area nearby that are totally overrun with the stuff.

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

Giant Hogweed. Every summer the local news stations scare the bejeebers out of us. But I’ve never seen it. 

I have it’s cousin, cow parsley.  I never heard of it until I moved into this place and the previous owner told me about it.  I knocked the last of it down 2 nights ago.

In Michigan you have to report giant hogweed to the state then you are required to destroy it.  I’ve never seen any myself.