How about once we sign in

On 6/26/2019 at 7:43 AM, Square Wheels said:

Getting into any password protected section should be a one time thing.  It stores a cookie on your computer.  If you use more than one device, it may clear the other cookie, it may not.  Cookies can be finicky. 

Personally, I am finicky about my cookies.  :p 

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2019 at 7:43 AM, Square Wheels said:

Getting into any password protected section should be a one time thing.  It stores a cookie on your computer.  If you use more than one device, it may clear the other cookie, it may not.  Cookies can be finicky. 

I log in almost exclusively on my phone. Sometimes I remain logged it to my user name, but usually have to re-enter the P&R password between visits.

11 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Idk about the cookies. I do know that I can sign into P&R without being signed into my username, which seems odd. 

But you can't post in P&R (or anywhere) if not signed into your username.  I'd think the "signing in" versus getting past the password protections are two distinct and different animals in the software.

17 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

But you can't post in P&R (or anywhere) if not signed into your username.  I'd think the "signing in" versus getting past the password protections are two distinct and different animals in the software.

Right. I would like that signing in would then apply the appropriate permissions for that user, and would allow bypassing the separate password to enter P&R if you have previously been granted permission.

6 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Right. I would like that signing in would then apply the appropriate permissions for that user, and would allow bypassing the separate password to enter P&R if you have previously been granted permission.

You gonna call the development team to make that request, or do you think we should have SW look at some other forum software options?  This place might enjoy a change.

6 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

You gonna call the development team to make that request, or do you think we should have SW look at some other forum software options?  This place might enjoy a change.

I don’t know what it would require, or if it’s even feasible. But “site suggestions” seemed an appropriate place to make a suggestion about the site.