What are your plans for the first week of July?

petitepedal

I have a dentist appointment and my furniture gets delivered on July 1, July 2 is a cut & color, July 3 is PT.  I am taking Monday off.  I have the 4th off...I am waiting to see the forecast before I decide on the 5th :whistle:  If the weather is crappy I might as well work :dontknow:

I am hoping the weather is good enough to get a bike ride in...I have not had many...like 2.  Retirement will be nice...ride in the AM before it gets hot!

Maybe a Pizza, maybe grilling...and the usual Laundry!!

• Heart 2

July 1  Try to remember to tell WoD_P happy 47th anniversary.

July 2  sit around and see if anyone tells me happy birthday.

July 4 go to the lake with D2 and her family to watch fireworks.

Like @sheep_herder this is all done around taking care of the critters.

WoD_P and I seldom go on a vacation together. To hard to find someone who will take care of the animals the way we want it done.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, wilbur said:

Sailing my soon to be feBosses boat over to Kingston for him. 

Kingston, Ont., Kingston, NY, Kingston, Jamaica? Which one?

I’m going to try to take the week off but may end up working Monday depending on how busy it is.  WOChrisL is taking the week off.

My brother & sisters are all getting together Sunday for a BBQ, WOChrisL and I are planning some day trips for tues & Wed. Big 4th of July gathering with my SIL’s family. I might pull a shift or two selling fireworks for our baseball fundraiser.

I'm hopefully going to Cincinnati to place my brother-in-law into an assisted living facility. He's at a nursing home now. He's been running out of money for a while now and hasn't been taking care of himself such as doing laundry and taking his medications.

While there hopefully going to a Reds game and seeing other relatives.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

I'm hopefully going to Cincinnati to place my brother-in-law into an assisted living facility. He's at a nursing home now. He's been running out of money for a while now and hasn't been taking care of himself such as doing laundry and taking his medications.

While there hopefully going to a Reds game and seeing other relatives.

Some good, some bad.  Try to enjoy, Jerry.  

• Heart 1

27 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Good luck & have fun!

Emmy is a basket of nerves right now.  Coach is very good, very demanding.  He has put a ton of pressure on these girls.  He has let them know in very plain terms that his expectation is to go to, and win the World Series.  He does this but at the same time makes them have fun as well.  It's amazing how he can be so demanding, and still be liked and endeared by the girls.  It is a really good trait to have.  It is going to be a fun season!

• Heart 2

40 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Emmy is a basket of nerves right now.  Coach is very good, very demanding.  He has put a ton of pressure on these girls.  He has let them know in very plain terms that his expectation is to go to, and win the World Series.  He does this but at the same time makes them have fun as well.  It's amazing how he can be so demanding, and still be liked and endeared by the girls.  It is a really good trait to have.  It is going to be a fun season!

Are you comfortable posting the team so we can follow?

44 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I'm still scarred by the abuse I took from Coach Geraci, who instructed me to take the next pitch. I thought he meant take it and rip it out of the park. I took it and ripped a dinky grounder to the first baseman for an easy out. I didn't know take it meant don't swing. He was a bit of a hothead.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

I'm still scarred by the abuse I took from Coach Geraci, who instructed me to take the next pitch. I thought he meant take it and rip it out of the park. I took it and ripped a dinky grounder to the first baseman for an easy out. I didn't know take it meant don't swing. He was a bit of a hothead.

I'll bet he could dish it out when you couldn't take it.

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Are you comfortable posting the team so we can follow?

Sure, I will keep you updated on games.  I doubt there is much to check out prior to regionals, but will let you know once those start.  Do you follow gamechanger?

22 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

July 1  Try to remember to tell WoD_P happy 47th anniversary.

July 2  sit around and see if anyone tells me happy birthday.

July 4 go to the lake with D2 and her family to watch fireworks.

Like @sheep_herder this is all done around taking care of the critters.

WoD_P and I seldom go on a vacation together. To hard to find someone who will take care of the animals the way we want it done.

I forgot to add that July 6 I will be working at America's Freedom Fest airshow and fireworks.

A nice show but not quite as big as Oshkosh.

• Awesome 1

Wo46 was talking about a morning bicycle ride and in the afternoon go to Milwaukee for the bicycle races. 

On Sunday start organizing the trailer and race gear. If everything works out we will be on the road the 4th of July on our way to Mid Ohio 

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Sure, I will keep you updated on games.  I doubt there is much to check out prior to regionals, but will let you know once those start.  Do you follow gamechanger?

Not since my son stopped playing.  I don’t currently have it on my phone.  I suppose regular updates here will suffice.

• Heart 1

Work M-W, Thursday holiday, Friday work

no plans for Thursday. Maybe bike ride, might cook a brisket in the smoker, that’s always good. There will be beer and a cigar after dinner. 

On second thought, I might smoke the brisket on Sunday and buy some blue crabs for Thursday.

Work until the 3rd.

The lil one turns 2 on the 5th. We will be escaping the heat of Tampa to the heat of Orlando. I booked a family resort for us for the long weekend. Kiddie pools, lazy rivers, playgrounds, putt-putt, the works....

Even somehow wrangled the extended family in to only visiting on one day. No need to entertain every day we are there. 

• Heart 2