Anybody here have the Bose noise cancelling ear phones?

2Far

I have the over-ear QC25's, and I also have a plug-in bluetooth adapter. 

Pluses:

Really does noise cancel well. You can still hear some stuff, but it's great for concentrating. I used them especially when studying for my Analytics degree which I returned to college for. Studied in libraries (which aren't quiet much anymore), coffee shops, and lawyer research office, and other places. Great for air traveling. You don't even hear the plane. 

They fit comfortably. 

The batteries (one AAA) lasts a pretty long while. Probably 24hours of constant use?  If you get the electronic type energizer battery (those blue/silver ones) probably longer. The case has a slot for an extra if you are traveling. More than enough for idle times on a plane. 

Minuses: 

There's a sort of high-pitched pressure wave that they generate when turned on, It can cause a mild discomfort until you're used to it. A similar effect to how your ears feel after having gone to a loud concert. Not painful or anything, but a bit odd. 

The Earpads degrade pretty quickly as any perspiration or mere oil from your ears/scalp will cause them to fall apart. They're cheap to replace but with constant use your'e talking replacement every few months at best.  I've seen some more durable ones advertised on Amazon, but haven't tried those yet. Definitely not something I'd use for workouts. 

The bluetooth versions (adapter or no) use a lot less power and thus, don't have very good volume. If you want to crank it up, you really can't. It's fairly noticeable between the wired version and not. The noise canceling itself relies on batteries that you put in the earpads also. 

Anyway, they're great in a pinch, but unless you really need noise canceling, regular ones are probably okay too. Also, earbuds are fairly decent at noise blocking to an extent already, if you get a good pair which will cost you maybe 1/5th of what a Bose set will run you. 

• Heart 1