How Does This Work?

Razors Edge

...with a rear rack? This is the new Topstone Carbon, and I see no mention of the rear rack as an option, but I know the Topstone aluminum version, they have points that a rear rack can attach to (and there are seatpost collar out there that can be used if no top mounts are provided).  It would seem on the new TC version though, with its Kingpin pivot, that a rear rack would create real issues when not flexing in concert with the seat stays and seat tube. I also think it is ugly, but that's beside the point :D The lack of a rear rack may be why they mention the option of front racks.

image.png.6525afa540f373006548d3f3be50a22d.png

image.thumb.png.ce27c820f94894ae082d7145b5398220.png

24 minutes ago, dennis said:

Looks cool. Clearly marketed to the race crowd. 40c is not big tire clearance as they say. I don't see how you can mount cages on the fork. It looks like it has just one bolt. What am I missing. 

You're missing a second (or third) hole?  I think the fork is solely for a front rack, not for fork mounted cages. But that's just my guess.  I REALLY hate vagueness in OFFICIAL product description pages. I see the possibility for a rack and/or fender on the fork, but not sure what "gear" mounts are other than the now traditional option of something like the Salsa Everything or simply a couple extra bottle cages.

Fork:

All-New, BallisTec Carbon, 55mm OutFront offset, SAVE, 1-1/8" to 1.5" steerer, integrated crown race, Directline internal routing, 12x100mm Speed Release thru-axle, flat mount disc, gear/rack/fender mounts

10 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You're missing a second (or third) hole?  I think the fork is solely for a front rack, not for fork mounted cages. But that's just my guess.  I REALLY hate vagueness in OFFICIAL product description pages. I see the possibility for a rack and/or fender on the fork, but not sure what "gear" mounts are other than the now traditional option of something like the Salsa Everything or simply a couple extra bottle cages.

Fork:

All-New, BallisTec Carbon, 55mm OutFront offset, SAVE, 1-1/8" to 1.5" steerer, integrated crown race, Directline internal routing, 12x100mm Speed Release thru-axle, flat mount disc, gear/rack/fender mounts

I think you are correct. I'm so used to see three pack mounts on forks now, I thought they were doing the same. There is a lot of vague descriptions. The video doesn't help either. 

54 minutes ago, dennis said:

I think you are correct. I'm so used to see three pack mounts on forks now, I thought they were doing the same. There is a lot of vague descriptions. The video doesn't help either. 

So far, all I see and read about the Topstone Carbon (vs the Topstone Aluminum) make me think that's the wrong bike for me.  Less practical and more expensive are not my idea of where gravel and adventure should focus. But racers gotta race, I guess.

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

So far, all I see and read about the Topstone Carbon (vs the Topstone Aluminum) make me think that's the wrong bike for me.  Less practical and more expensive are not my idea of where gravel and adventure should focus. But racers gotta race, I guess.

There are a lot of options now. I like the Rocky Mountain Solo or the Salsa Warbird, but I am always looking bikepacking rigs.