Goodbye Ohio

Rattlecan

32 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Did you visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Now that they added the Queen of Rock and Roll, Linda Ronstadt, after ridiculously excluding her until she developed Parkinson's Disease, it's no longer on my boycott list.

No. Not really high on the list of must see places.

Actually, we expected to be in and out of the Christmas story house much quicker than we were, but the whole street has been made over, and the guided tour took over an hour.

By the time we were done, I just wanted to get out of Dodge before the afternoon rush hour.

12 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

the guided tour took over an hour.

I was about to post in disbelief that the Christmas Story house could be stretched into an hour likely containing only 3 interesting minutes, but then I remembered you were looking for interesting things to do in Ohio.  So it's not like you wasted 57 minutes you could have spent on something interesting.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, 12string said:

I was about to post in disbelief that the Christmas Story house could be stretched into an hour likely containing only 3 interesting minutes, but then I remembered you were looking for interesting things to do in Ohio.  So it's not like you wasted 57 minutes you could have spent on something interesting.

Actually, we had a very good time in Ohio. Beautiful bike paths, wonderful state parks, and a community theater production in Loudonville that was fantastic.

And apart from a surly sales associate in the men's wear department at Walmart, the people were all great.

• Haha 1

Ok, I am going to lay it on you uninformed folks, but the art museum in Cleveland is the best place in the country to see art.  Certainly a top five museum in the country by any measure, but the best overall experience.  

Beautiful building, great inside and out, great pieces.  

Everyone should go. 

3 hours ago, 12string said:

Nominated

6 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

Actually, we had a very good time in Ohio. Beautiful bike paths, wonderful state parks, and a community theater production in Loudonville that was fantastic.

And apart from a surly sales associate in the men's wear department at Walmart, the people were all great.

The southeast quater of Ohio has very nice bike paths.  We have ridden many of them from Cincinnati to Dayton to Columbus.  You can ride trails to most of the cities between those and have very little road riding.  WoD_P likes riding there.

• Heart 2