Target Had Screwed The Pooch

Razors Edge

...and has now steadily dropped down on my "good stores to shop at". :(

My original Target store was pretty solid with a mix of stuff across a useful range of household categories - drug store, kitchen, snacks, pets, clothing, entertainment, outdoor, and fix-it stuff all rolled in one.  In the past few years though, they have expanded the heck out of the grocery section (meh) and the "home goods" sort of stuff.  So anyway, was in there a couple weeks back to get some eye drops (they had them), and a few last minute things for camping. I figured while I was in there, I would grab a couple quarts of high-mileage motor oil that I had been buying there for YEARS. Guess what?!?!?!?  No more motor oil for sale in their now-a-single-half-of-an-aisle auto section.  WTF TARGET?!?!?!?!  A while back they stopped carrying most jigsaw puzzles. Now this stupidity.  I had to roll by AutoZone for oil (and that place is a CLUSTERFUCK of Circuit City proportions), but now I may simply bite the bullet and add getting a few quarts of motor oil to my biannual Walmart trip :(

#ImissKmart

6 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Stop sucking up to @AirwickWithCheese, he only accepts cash bribes.

What are my options? Target. Walmart. Kmart.  That's it or AMAZON!!!!!   Costco has already ruined me for those places enough that I rarely shop them anymore.  Walmart, which is awful, at least has everything under the sun and then some. 

54 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...and has now steadily dropped down on my "good stores to shop at". :(

My original Target store was pretty solid with a mix of stuff across a useful range of household categories - drug store, kitchen, snacks, pets, clothing, entertainment, outdoor, and fix-it stuff all rolled in one.  In the past few years though, they have expanded the heck out of the grocery section (meh) and the "home goods" sort of stuff.  So anyway, was in there a couple weeks back to get some eye drops (they had them), and a few last minute things for camping. I figured while I was in there, I would grab a couple quarts of high-mileage motor oil that I had been buying there for YEARS. Guess what?!?!?!?  No more motor oil for sale in their now-a-single-half-of-an-aisle auto section.  WTF TARGET?!?!?!?!  A while back they stopped carrying most jigsaw puzzles. Now this stupidity.  I had to roll by AutoZone for oil (and that place is a CLUSTERFUCK of Circuit City proportions), but now I may simply bite the bullet and add getting a few quarts of motor oil to my biannual Walmart trip :(

#ImissKmart

I haven't shopped at a Target in a couple years.  The one near me has a very small grocery section and the things only sold there locally are often out of stock (Blake's 10 oz. Shepherd's Pie, certain brands and flavors of snacks).  I went there to get some non-grocery item advertised online as being in the stores, couldn't find it, then Customer Service couldn't even find a record that they carried it.  I think that was my last visit.

10 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

What are my options? Target. Walmart. Kmart.  That's it or AMAZON!!!!!   Costco has already ruined me for those places enough that I rarely shop them anymore.  Walmart, which is awful, at least has everything under the sun and then some. 

I go to Advance Auto for earl, but lately I have gotten lazy and have my people at Honda or Faarstone do it.  Advance is way cleaner and better than Autozone.

I never really liked Target because I can never fins what I want there because they are so thinly stocked.  I was recently looking for some thingamajig there (see the memory thread :( )  and came up dry at Target, so I ordered from Amazon and had it the next day.