Just got an e-mail from company lawyer

BuffJim

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

Saying my last boss just resigned. Am I interested in being considered for her role?

Are we talking gender or occupation?

• Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

Moving up depends where you are in life and how much the extra headaches will improve your life.  Too late in my career to benefit me very much financially, I was asked if I was interested in becoming science department chairman and asst. principal.  I turned both down.  The dept. chair position paid no more than my teaching position but taught one less class per day.  Since I had mostly TAG classes (Talented And Gifted) I didn't need to trade a class for administrative headaches and supervision.  Asst. Principals spend so much time dealing with problem students and their neglectful parents and I didn't need that either.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Yes I'm interested to some extent. But, I just got my new position 6 months ago, and for the most part I like it.

Don't want to leave my new boss in a lurch.

My replacement for the job I left starts on Monday. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to find out his boss has just quit.

She is a one of a kind workaholic. Not sure I want to follow in those footsteps.

Just spent the last 2 hours meeting with her to talk about transition.

Fun Fun Fun.

14 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

We work closely with the law department. We run programs designed to ensure our company follows the law. 

Guess you need to ask yourself, how long you want/need to work.  If it's up to 5 years....are you genuinely for a different challenge altogether, never tried before?

Meanwhile I'm staring at place on form 3-5 yr. career aspirations. Feels weird to look at this empty box and why I'm struggling to find best diplomatic words without shortchanging myself.