July photos

dinneR

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Where were you?

I am guessing you mean me. Barberville, FL. It is a very small town with daytrip intended to see Barberville Pioneer Settlement, but when turned off US17 to SR40 saw the Barberville Yard Art Emporium with about 20 cars parked in front of it. We just had to stop on the way out. You can see both of them from this Google map...and take it down to street view. The only thing I regret (but for a different day - perhaps not cloudy) at the Pioneer settlement was getting a picture of the bridge keeper's house, now serving as the office to purchase tickets. I use to drive through it in the 70's as very unique over the road but never knew what happened when they modernized the bridge. The house and roadway cover was preserved by moving from Astor 6 miles to the pioneer settlement. You can also see the bridge house on Google street view.

18 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

I am guessing you mean me. Barberville, FL. It is a very small town with daytrip intended to see Barberville Pioneer Settlement, but when turned off US17 to SR40 saw the Barberville Yard Art Emporium with about 20 cars parked in front of it. We just had to stop on the way out. You can see both of them from this Google map...and take it down to street view. The only thing I regret (but for a different day - perhaps not cloudy) at the Pioneer settlement was getting a picture of the bridge keeper's house, now serving as the office to purchase tickets. I use to drive through it in the 70's as very unique over the road but never knew what happened when they modernized the bridge. The house and roadway cover was preserved by moving from Astor 6 miles to the pioneer settlement. You can also see the bridge house on Google street view.

Thanks, looks like an interesting place.

5 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Be careful picking the flowers. Is that a rat trap?

It’s a mouse trap. Some stupid critter keeps digging in my flower pots and pulling out my flowers. I put traps on all the pots and it worked for awhile but the rain ruined the traps and they quit working. Last night the critter got into one of my pots on the pool deck and dug potting soil out all over the deck and ruined my plant.?