My sister tells me about a Facebook page.

Wilbur

It is for people who grew up in our neighbourhood.  One of the guys that was 5 years older than me, was best man at my best friends, brothers wedding.  He drove us home from the reception in his van, a 70's shaggin wagon, and my friend went and sat on the bed.  He pulls out a 300 Savage from under the blanket and the driver yells "Hey, put that down, it is loaded!" 

Nothing happened and all was well but my sister is telling me the guy killed his father with an axe shortly after the wedding, then took his own life with the Savage.  Odd to hear 40 years later. 

• Sad 3

I recently found out that my best friend growing up was recently released after a 36 month prison term in a min. security facility.  The kid was the kind voted most likely to succeed.  He built a farming business thru MS and HS off the back of his dad's part time cattle farming.  He was a well liked by all and had that 'it' factor.  He quit college early when he had a chance to sell cars at a local dealership.  He quickly built on that to become sales manager at the age of 22.  He then went on to buy his first of 5 dealerships in NE Ohio.  He was that guy on the TV commercial selling cars.  If you lived anywhere between Cleveland and the NY state border you knew who he was.

A cash issue caused him to kite some very large 7 figure checks between dealerships.  His banks didn't appreciate that and called in the feds.  He lied on the witness stand and the judge doubled his 18 month sentence.  In HS he would have been the last person voted most likely to be incarcerated. 

44 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I recently found out that my best friend growing up was recently released after a 36 month prison term in a min. security facility.  The kid was the kind voted most likely to succeed.  He built a farming business thru MS and HS off the back of his dad's part time cattle farming.  He was a well liked by all and had that 'it' factor.  He quit college early when he had a chance to sell cars at a local dealership.  He quickly built on that to become sales manager at the age of 22.  He then went on to buy his first of 5 dealerships in NE Ohio.  He was that guy on the TV commercial selling cars.  If you lived anywhere between Cleveland and the NY state border you knew who he was.

A cash issue caused him to kite some very large 7 figure checks between dealerships.  His banks didn't appreciate that and called in the feds.  He lied on the witness stand and the judge doubled his 18 month sentence.  In HS he would have been the last person voted most likely to be incarcerated. 

Money is an evil makes people do weird stuff

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

wow. That's hate.    :(

...it's Canada.  If you haven't figured out by now that all that "Sorry. eh ?" on the surface hides a savage interior sculpted by cabin fever and wolf packs in a country of eternal winter, I can't help.  The national sport is hockey,for god's sake. 

• Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

15 hours ago, wilbur said:

It is for people who grew up in our neighbourhood.  One of the guys that was 5 years older than me, was best man at my best friends, brothers wedding.  He drove us home from the reception in his van, a 70's shaggin wagon, and my friend went and sat on the bed.  He pulls out a 300 Savage from under the blanket and the driver yells "Hey, put that down, it is loaded!" 

Nothing happened and all was well but my sister is telling me the guy killed his father with an axe shortly after the wedding, then took his own life with the Savage.  Odd to hear 40 years later. 

That Facebook page could be a lot of fun.  We have a private Facebook page run by a high school friend of mine - who has to approve new members - called I Grew Up In Brooklyn Park, Maryland.  It's both a nostalgic blast and a great way to keep in touch with old friends. That page was where a few of us from the Brooklyn Park Class of 1968 organized a lunch together a couple weeks ago.  L-R and turning 70 next year:  Me, our school's top distance runner; Diane, the captain of the cheerleaders; and Paul, our school's top shot putter:

468348629_20190614_141515clar_sat_900p.jpg.3677379977dfbce9f2dab975527015a8.jpg