This will be your running LLWS update thread.

Parr8hed

11 minutes ago, Airehead said:

but no parent perspective from @Parr8hed  I believe he should be given some potato demerits by @AirwickWithCheese

I don’t know who this @AirwickWithCheese character is, but as I understand it, “Ironman” @Parr8hed is the proud parent of not one but TWO state champion children, so no potatoes or demerits should be thrown at the man.

• Heart 2

So the parent perspective. 

Softball is weird. It’s hard to look sharp against a crappy team sometimes. FKCC sure didn’t look especially sharp. Not many balls put into play.  It’s also hard on our girls to hit slower pitchers once they are used to faster pitchers. 

They looked good good but I don’t feel like they made that statement they wanted to make. Hopefully today against Illinois is better. Game time 14:00 on ESPN plus. 

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

So the parent perspective. 

Softball is weird. It’s hard to look sharp against a crappy team sometimes. FKCC sure didn’t look especially sharp. Not many balls put into play.  It’s also hard on our girls to hit slower pitchers once they are used to faster pitchers. 

They looked good good but I don’t feel like they made that statement they wanted to make. Hopefully today against Illinois is better. Game time 14:00 on ESPN plus. 

Is Illinois a strong team?

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Is Illinois a strong team?

They look to be better than Wisconsin. I would not call them strong. I anticipate a better game but don’t anticipate much problem. Iowa gave up 3 runs and is 2-0. If we win and give up 2 or fewer runs then we get #1 tourney seed. With yesterday’s win we already assured ourselves a spot in the tourney tomorrow. Now we are just playing for seeding. 

40 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

They look to be better than Wisconsin. I would not call them strong. I anticipate a better game but don’t anticipate much problem. Iowa gave up 3 runs and is 2-0. If we win and give up 2 or fewer runs then we get #1 tourney seed. With yesterday’s win we already assured ourselves a spot in the tourney tomorrow. Now we are just playing for seeding. 

Is the seed Non GMO? 

• Haha 1

Just now, jsharr said:

Is the seed Non GMO? 

Of course. Gluten free as well. 

Fkcc looks sharp during WU. Nuance and Emmy both throwing hard. Illinois looks like shit. They’ve dropped a ton of balls. Fumbling routine grounders. They look slow. Hopefully we play our game and do what we do. 

3b is a big girl. Look for lots of slapping and bunting from the top of our order. 

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Of course. Gluten free as well. 

Fkcc looks sharp during WU. Nuance and Emmy both throwing hard. Illinois looks like shit. They’ve dropped a ton of balls. Fumbling routine grounders. They look slow. Hopefully we play our game and do what we do. 

3b is a big girl. Look for lots of slapping and bunting from the top of our order. 

Grain fed.  I bet she ate all their seed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

3 up 3 down for first two innings for FK. Baserunning and short game had Illinois completely bamboozled the first. Going into bottom of 2 with FK on top 4-0. 

It's just not fair.

And how come we're not getting this report from jsharr Uecker?

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Hey @jsharr what happened - you gt a real job?  You are letting us down big time.  I had to look the score up myself

6-1 FK top of the 5th

sorry.  You are right, I was wrong to not call this game, but I was working on the stuff that pays the bills.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

BTW, the game changer mobile app is better than the online version, esp if you watch the game live.  If you use the web based version, just go to the plays tab and you can cut and paste your commentary.

Are you telling me how to do my job?  I was using the LLWS game update from their web site.  I have to join to get their 'plays' which I haven't done.  I was just monitoring their updates.  Unless it was a K I couldn't see how it happened.  As an example IL first batter in the 6th got to 2nd (I don't know how.  A couple seconds later she is in the dugout and there are 2 outs.  I don't know how.  I assume doubled off from a line drive??

15 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Are you telling me how to do my job?  I was using the LLWS game update from their web site.  I have to join to get their 'plays' which I haven't done.  I was just monitoring their updates.  Unless it was a K I couldn't see how it happened.  As an example IL first batter in the 6th got to 2nd (I don't know how.  A couple seconds later she is in the dugout and there are 2 outs.  I don't know how.  I assume doubled off from a line drive??

image.png.e7b8cc4e391b3e04ffd6c59a3f0fc957.png

31 minutes ago, jsharr said:

image.png.e7b8cc4e391b3e04ffd6c59a3f0fc957.png

A slight error in their play language.  If the first batter doubles they can't get caught in a DB advancing to 2nd.  I'll assume it was bad base runnoing (getting doubled by the catcher) advancing to 3rd.

But this is better than the blind image I had.  That's why we count on you (and you let us down).

46 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

A slight error in their play language.  If the first batter doubles they can't get caught in a DB advancing to 2nd.  I'll assume it was bad base runnoing (getting doubled by the catcher) advancing to 3rd.

But this is better than the blind image I had.  That's why we count on you (and you let us down).

I excel at letting people down.  it is my speciality. 

• Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Bunt popped up. Steal was on. Runner on 2b was stealing 3, catcher dove and caught pop-up and fires back to 2b as the runner was almost 3/4 if the way to 3b. 

• Heart 1

Good morning sports fans.  I am south, working in Jeffersonville today.  I am about 2.5 hours from the action.  I am betting on the fact that FKCC wins this one and advances to championship Friday.  I am also betting that Emmy doesn't pitch so I thought this was the day to work and beg for the day off tomorrow.  Fortunately I can watch on ESPN plus and keep up on gamechanger.  That makes it a lot easier to work.  I will update you as work will allow. Game time is 10:00 am.  

• Heart 2

9 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Good morning sports fans.  I am south, working in Jeffersonville today.  I am about 2.5 hours from the action.  I am betting on the fact that FKCC wins this one and advances to championship Friday.  I am also betting that Emmy doesn't pitch so I thought this was the day to work and beg for the day off tomorrow.  Fortunately I can watch on ESPN plus and keep up on gamechanger.  That makes it a lot easier to work.  I will update you as work will allow. Game time is 10:00 am.  

We were chatting last night about the demands on parents as well as kids. 

A guy who works for me is the event coordinator for the boys regional tournament out here. 

6 minutes ago, Airehead said:

We were chatting last night about the demands on parents as well as kids. 

A guy who works for me is the event coordinator for the boys regional tournament out here. 

I gotta admit, this has been hard on me.  It's hard to watch a pitcher as talented as Emmy be a back up.  It is hard traveling back and forth.  Of course the money thing is hard.  My aunt lives in Carmel (20 min from field) so we have been staying with her and avoiding hotels.  That has been amazing.  But trying to plan around Griffin's activities, work, etc had been hard.  It is hard to try to get off work for games when you don't know what seed you will be, when you will play, if you will even be playing.  It's not been an easy road for us as a family.  Em gets grumpy about practicing as much as they have.  G feels like he isn't getting enough attention, I certainly have not given my work patients my full attention.  

Those are the things that people don't see when a team plays at this level.  A whole team brought together, everyone making sacrifices.  A whole community is funding this team.  Letting parents off work, sponsoring meals, following the team on facebook and giving us all support.  

It's really a HUGE undertaking.  

• Hugs 1

In related news..... 

The boys program of Floyds Knobs Community Club is called HYR.  Highlander Youth Recreation (Floyd Central High School's mascot is the Highlander).  The fields split several years ago.  Boys go to HYR in nearby Georgetown.  Girls go to FKCC in the Knobs.  The boys yesterday won in big fashion to go to the 50/70 intermediate Little League World Series in California!  How cool would it be for both boys and girls to go this year?  They did this 2 years ago in '17.  

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/indiana/2017/07/27/hyr-little-league-team-heads-world-series/518365001/

Just now, jsharr said:

Pop out to start the second.

Douce reached first on an error by the 1st basemand

FKCC hit into a double play and ended the top of the second still scoreless

That pop out was actually a pretty deep ball to left field.  She actually just hit it to the glove.  At least we are hitting the ball.  They will start to find holes.  

• Heart 2