This will be your running LLWS update thread.

Parr8hed

Nebraska draws first blood.  Pop fly to center is dropped by Drummond.  52 scores from second, 3 advances to third.

FKCC seems to be making some uncharacteristic errors.  Runner advanced on an error and then scored on a bunt Nebraska leads 2-0

Two pop fly outs end the inning but Nebraska put 2 across the plate.

FKCC needs to respond in the top of the third

• Sad 1

Bad day to be off.  Nance was not herself.  Too bad they didn't have a stud pitcher sitting on the bench that could have helped.  

Girls hit the ball but struggled to find holes.  

On to travel this weekend.  It's been a fun ride.  Thank you so very much to everyone here that supported this team.  

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Damn, that sucks.   I feel so bad for all the girls that worked so hard for FKCC

Thanks man.  They have worked far too hard for one flat game to take them out.  But at this level that's what it takes.  

Just now, Parr8hed said:

Thanks man.  They have worked far too hard for one flat game to take them out.  But at this level that's what it takes.  

Was Nebraska that good for was FKCC as off as the box score made it look?    Where the errors due to nerves or hard hits by the opposition?    

13 minutes ago, jsharr said:

If you would have called the game, I think it would have turned out different.

Well they might have had one less error and one more error but that wouldn't have mattered.

Now if I was coach we would have chalked up a W behind that Miller kid.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Remember there is only one champion but they are all winners.

BTW a travel coach said that once, not my line...

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

Was Nebraska that good for was FKCC as off as the box score made it look?    Where the errors due to nerves or hard hits by the opposition?    

My personal opinion is that Ellie was worn out. She didn’t look herself. Hindsight is 20/20...but I would not have pitched her as much as they did. The problem with girls is that they feed off their leaded. Usually a pitcher. 

Just could jot generate any offense either. I can’t take anything away from Nebraska, but 91 times out of a 100 we beat that team. 

Just the way Softball is.