Got hassled at work today

Randomguy

It happens all the time.  All of us reps are getting the "you have to get your numbers up" meetings because of impending software purchases/moving into larger office/hiring a race of sub-human slave-types to set up meetings for us more seasoned guys.  An hour of browbeating to make even more calls and make even more sales, more, more, more MORE, MORE, MORE!

Oh, they want us to be more rah-rah, too, maybe jump up and down when we make big sales and yammer endlessly about successes to other reps (despite the irony that this would cause us to make fewer calls while we are back-slapping and kissing ass).

I don't think I like corporate bs so much.

• Heart 1

They are just saying that so when you do get the numbers up, they can tell you that you all did a fine job.... and we look forward to larger numbers again never quarter. 

it is just an evil scam 

The last place I worked at for support, they started doing call quality surveys.

The criteria was heavily skewed.  So skewed that the most important thing (no matter what) was that you provided a ticket number.  Not whether you resolved the issue.  Not whether the caller was happy at the end of the call.

If the caller didn't want a ticket number, or the call was ambiguous, they didn't count the call; but then they didn't add another call to your monthly list, so your percentage of success vs. failure dropped anyway.  Which meant that if they picked two calls a month for you and one wasn't applicable, you were at 50% success instantly.  Most of us took at least 100 calls a month, which also meant you were being judged on 2% of your calls, then 1% if one wasn't applicable.  And then they started indicating our receipt of the company's quarterly profit-sharing bonuses would be based on these in addition to the unpleasant talks...

I made quite a lot of points in my monthly meeting with the call quality supervisor, only to find she had no real authority and was "just following orders".  I then outlined my concerns to my own department supervisor, including an industry document on "statistically meaningful sample sizes".  It wasn't very well-received, but to an extent, changes were made.

That is the one thing that I really hated when I was in sales. Rah Rah bullshit...fake buddy buddy crap between the reps...increased sales expectations with a dwindling market/economy....slow reaction from managment/manufacturing when the market changed or progressed.

I do miss some of my old customers tho. Made some good friendships there, but overall, I'm really glad I put my tool belt back on.

It happens all the time.  All of us reps are getting the "you have to get your numbers up" meetings because of impending software purchases/moving into larger office/hiring a race of sub-human slave-types to set up meetings for us more seasoned guys.  An hour of browbeating to make even more calls and make even more sales, more, more, more MORE, MORE, MORE!

Oh, they want us to be more rah-rah, too, maybe jump up and down when we make big sales and yammer endlessly about successes to other reps (despite the irony that this would cause us to make fewer calls while we are back-slapping and kissing ass).

I don't think I like corporate bs so much.

I went for a nice hike in the woods at work yesterday. :)

Really? What do they expect you to do, go out and turn people into donors with your car?

Yea, we QA the hell out of everything.  We QA our QA's.  It's all about getting the maxium number of organs out of a single donor (which is certainly understandable) but even if we are slow the bosses get their panties in a bunch.  "When are we gonna do some more donors?" 

It's a rhetorical question, one that really cannot be answered, but they still ask it. 

Yea, we QA the hell out of everything.  We QA our QA's.  It's all about getting the maxium number of organs out of a single donor (which is certainly understandable) but even if we are slow the bosses get their panties in a bunch.  "When are we gonna do some more donors?" 

It's a rhetorical question, one that really cannot be answered, but they still ask it. 

Can you offer to take their organs?

Can you offer to take their organs?

I'm pretty sure that most of the people that I work with are on the Kentucky Organ Donor Registry.  So if you really think about it, they are one small head injury away from having their organs procured.

I'm pretty sure that most of the people that I work with are on the Kentucky Organ Donor Registry.  So if you really think about it, they are one small head injury away from having their organs procured.

I would have thought that damage to the big head would be more likely to get your attention.

• Heart 1