Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Forum Administrator

Blogs are still cool, right?

Recommended Posts

Wow, it’s nice to see you stop and smell the roses and take pictures etc. I hardly have any photos of the first time I did the trail. I didn’t have a full week to do it so I rode like a man on a mission.

When we did Petite’s Big Adventure we took our time and lots of photos. I hope you get some better weather for the rest of the trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice blog, I hope your fenders don’t mess you up on the C&O. Fenders help a lot for water and light mud, if you get into heavy mud they fill with mud and stop your wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you're not getting bitten by all the little bugs that bothered Petite during the Great Adventure!  Enjoying the blog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

That trail looks eville!  Nice parts that just suck you into the mudpits. :D

 

It’ snot that bad. It reminds me of riding on my road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I'm thinking of Day One when his bike was covered in mud, and the pic of you with petite.

That’s like my road. They messed with my road today, they made it worse. Cars almost stop when they get in front of my house. I thought I was getting company and then I hear them slowly proceeding on down into Skunk Hollow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I want to do that ride again...but even slower...to check out more things...that I missed the first time....

Even slower, you mean more days. That would be good. You don’t want to ride slower, you will fall over. I still feel bad about making you pedal down Big Savage mountain after promising you could coast the last 26 miles but we were out of daylight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Even slower, you mean more days. That would be good. You don’t want to ride slower, you will fall over. I still feel bad about making you pedal down Big Savage mountain after promising you could coast the last 26 miles but we were out of daylight.

Exactly...not a slower speed..but more days...I do wanna coast down Big Savage...and I want to tour Antietam 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made it!  I forget who told me that 5 days was too fast. But, thank you to whoever it was. I don’t think I would have been happy trying this is 5 days. 

I would have loved to spend an extra day on the C&O for the same reasons everyone else mentioned. There were a lot of places I wanted to stop and visit, but couldn’t. 

I already took a shower, but I think I will take a bath, drink some beers, then go to bed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Check for ticks...I spent 3 weeks on antibiotics after the trip..found ticks..about 3 days (and 3 showers) later.

I think you picked up those ticks walking back and forth through the tall weeds worrying about Mike when he was MIA for awhile on our last night on the trail. That was our worst campsite of the entire trip. It could have been nice if they had mowed the grass. I think the guys that mow were afraid of the ticks too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Longjohn said:

I think you picked up those ticks walking back and forth through the tall weeds worrying about Mike when he was MIA for awhile on our last night on the trail. That was our worst campsite of the entire trip. It could have been nice if they had mowed the grass. I think the guys that mow were afraid of the ticks too.

To heck with the ticks..the spiders were huge at that site....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you camp at the hiker/biker campsites? I saw one of the biggest spiders I have ever seen. It was between my tent and the rainfly. I think that thing was just sitting there waiting for me to put my glasses on so it could go back and tell its spider friends that it scared the crap out of someone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Forum Administrator said:

Did you camp at the hiker/biker campsites? I saw one of the biggest spiders I have ever seen. It was between my tent and the rainfly. I think that thing was just sitting there waiting for me to put my glasses on so it could go back and tell its spider friends that it scared the crap out of someone. 

Yes...I would have to look up the name but it was our last night before DC...and the web was huge between the campsite and the porta potty...and there was one dang huge one IN the porta potty ..my journal is still on crazyguyonabike  petitepedals great adventure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...