I got my numbers back!!! Not too bad!

petitepedal

Cholesterol was 211...considering how much I LOVE cheese and how much time I spent on the couch rather than the treadmill this past winter.....not bad.. LDL was 139 HDL was 55  Triglycerides were 83...

Glucose was 104...and the niacinamide that I take can bump glucose up a bit

Vitamin D was good 73.4...just about perfect!!

so what are other numbers I should look at What is Creatinine or BUN?

From what I hear from cholesterol people, dietary cholesterol really doesn't do a damn thing to your cholesterol numbers.  Eat as much damn cheese as you want.  

That's a lie.  Unless you have familial hypercholesterolemia (very uncommon) what you eat, your weight and the amount of exercise you get directly affects your cholesterol level.  Even drinking alcohol can affect it.  THe changes aren't fast, it takes time to lower your cholesterol.

That's a lie.  Unless you have familial hypercholesterolemia (very uncommon) what you eat, your weight and the amount of exercise you get directly affects your cholesterol level.  Even drinking alcohol can affect it.  THe changes aren't fast, it takes time to lower your cholesterol.

I believe you to believe this, and believe it to be wrong, all kinds of wrong.  Am I wrong?  Could be that I am wrong, yet have not seen anything compelling to challenge this.  Please prove me wrong, and I will adjust my worldview.

I believe you to believe this, and believe it to be wrong, all kinds of wrong.  Am I wrong?  Could be that I am wrong, yet have not seen anything compelling to challenge this.  Please prove me wrong, and I will adjust my worldview.

Simple search will tell you all you need.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/cholesterol-food

"To be sure, foods high in cholesterol can cause blood levels of cholesterol to rise."

Simple search will tell you all you need.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/cholesterol-food

"To be sure, foods high in cholesterol can cause blood levels of cholesterol to rise."

Webmd, c'mon, those guys shill for big pharma.  Let's see recent studies!

Even still, they say "Of all the information on the nutrition facts panel on food labels, cholesterol may be the most misunderstood.

Part of the confusion comes from the fact that cholesterol in food isn't the same thing as the cholesterol that clogs arteries. To be sure, foods high in cholesterol can cause blood levels of cholesterol to rise. But only about one in three people seem to be especially susceptible to the effects of cholesterol in food."

I'm not taking chances.  I have a lot of bad cardiac history in my family.  I ate terribly in college and my cholesterol was always over 200 and my triglycerides were often in the many hundreds, once over 700.

I started eating better and exercising a few years ago (good for cholesterol), plus now I'm old (bad for cholesterol).  My cholesterol is around 160.

I like my odds of not developing cardiac diseases.  I could be wrong about dietary cholesterol, but I'll take my chances.  I don't eat eggs and eat almost no cholesterol.

I'm not taking chances.  I have a lot of bad cardiac history in my family.  I ate terribly in college and my cholesterol was always over 200 and my triglycerides were often in the many hundreds, once over 700.

I started eating better and exercising a few years ago (good for cholesterol), plus now I'm old (bad for cholesterol).  My cholesterol is around 160.

I like my odds of not developing cardiac diseases.  I could be wrong about dietary cholesterol, but I'll take my chances.  I don't eat eggs and eat almost no cholesterol.

Wow, no eggs?  You should explore this whole thing lots more, eggs are a great food!  I eat at least a dozen eggs a week, often 2 dozen (yesterday I had three eggs for breakfast and 2 last night before bed), my cholesteral numbers are generally really good.  I really have been hearing lots of talk about cholesterol in not affecting total cholesterol more than a few percent, my knowlegde has it that the body is manufacturing the vast majority that is in the body.

As I understand, exercise is the key to everything (I should do that more).

Creatinine is a protein that usually shows up in your urine. As a diabetic I know it's a bad thing....I don't know if 'just' related to diabetes or has other implications as well.

Basically it shows up in a blood test to tell you how well kidneys are working.  I am on a donor right now and his creatinine is rising and it's pissing me off.  (see what I did there?)

• Heart 1