Chi Chis

Airehead

Yeah there was one near our base we went to a lot. Had my 21st Bday and my separation party there.  Good times for sure but the food was unremarkable. 

We never had them in SoCal (that I was aware of) and probably hadn’t eaten at one since 1987.

• Heart 1

Yes, I remember their yellow stucco buildings.  It was pretty good, but I seem to remember there was a competing Mexican chain around the same time that I liked better - can't remember its name though.

I think it was just last week I read that the last Don Pablo's restaurant is closing - in Deptford, NJ.  I ate there a bunch of times too.

There used to be a place called Chevy's not far from here - their food was excellent; that was probably my favorite Mexican chain restaurant.  (looks like there are still a couple outside NYC)

Now we have a little local shop that makes really good burritos, but the rest of their stuff is 'meh'.

When Mexican food is really good, it's hard to beat.  There was a really good restaurant near the old office in Philly - I wonder if it's still there.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

Yes, I remember their yellow stucco buildings.  It was pretty good, but I seem to remember there was a competing Mexican chain around the same time that I liked better - can't remember its name though.

I think it was just last week I read that the last Don Pablo's restaurant is closing - in Deptford, NJ.  I ate there a bunch of times too.

There used to be a place called Chevy's not far from here - their food was excellent; that was probably my favorite Mexican chain restaurant.  (looks like there are still a couple outside NYC)

Now we have a little local shop that makes really good burritos, but the rest of their stuff is 'meh'.

When Mexican food is really good, it's hard to beat.  There was a really good restaurant near the old office in Philly - I wonder if it's still there.

There is a Mexican chain we like called Acapulco.  It’s close to home, inexpensive and pretty good but when we have a hankering for good Mexican there are a couple of hole in the wall places we go to. Often times my wife is the only white person there and we are the only non Spanish speakers.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Rick5234 said:

didn't they close because of some sort of hepatitis outbreak at one of their restaurants?

"The hepatitis was traced back to green onions at the Chi-Chi's at Beaver Valley Mall near Monaca, Pennsylvania, about 30 miles (48 km) northwest of Pittsburgh."

I blame @Longjohn

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Further said:

Nope, north of me. 

All Long John.

It wasn’t my green onions, I blame the sick Mexican migrant onion pickers who pood on the onions.

our local chi chis has been several different real Mexican restaurants owned by real Mexicans since chi chis closed. The one that is there now is really good.

• Heart 2