Traffic Is Brutal

Razors Edge

..out in the burbs. :(  My "classic NoVA moment" is at 46:25 when I get passed by an F-150, then an old Civic, and then a Porsche.  I love the variety :D

Anyway, yesterday was HOT and HUMID.  I tried to get out early, failed, and ended up in the heat of the day.  I wisely took it easy, but unwisely failed to have enough water. The lemonade stand I was hoping for at the top of Thomas Mill was also not running. I'm guessing those lazy kids took the holiday off ?

I used the free music on the video editing software, so enjoy that cycle of short random tunes.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I have never ridden on roads like that.

I'm hoping they repave this darn roads soon.  The winter really chewed up two of those hills, and descending is a bit sketchier than in in years past.

But, if I know my, they'll pave them about a month before the freezing temps return.  VDOT hates me.

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Even 15 miles outside of your hood? Just ride a bit to get to the roads.

Not all of the roads have horrible potholes.  All of the roads have cars.  If I ride at 7am on a Sunday morning I can go 2 maybe 3 minutes on a side road before I encounter a car.

5 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Not all of the roads have horrible potholes.  All of the roads have cars.  If I ride at 7am on a Sunday morning I can go 2 maybe 3 minutes on a side road before I encounter a car.

Does Buggie have a twin? I'm getting suspicious.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Boston does not qualify for traffic, it's more like risking your life.  I see ghost bikes all the time.  I did it about 20 times, I will not do it again.

Well, when you finally visit NoVA, bring your bike or borrow my Roubaix (that will smooth out our bumpy pavement). I (and maybe @Old#7) will guide you through our brutal traffic congestion.

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Well, when you finally visit NoVA, bring your bike or borrow my Roubaix (that will smooth out our bumpy pavement). I (and maybe @Old#7) will guide you through our brutal traffic congestion.

Easy peasy to avoid traffic on a bike here. The area has lots of great trails to get around.

• Awesome 1