Toured a sewage treatement plant for townhall

shootingstar

I couldn't help but laugh with a bunch of other work colleagues when 1 of them described this experience.  She works for Water Infrastructure and Water Treatment division.  So to save money on annual townhall, they had this smelly experience.

A few years ago, I had a choice along with a few hundred other employees for part of our town hall to learn abit of our other divisions.  I chose a bus tour of a major local recycling and landfill site.  It was actually a cool trip and all 50 of us employees learned a lot.

Everett's sewage treatment plant is next to and clearly visible from the interstate as you pass through.  It's located on one of the islands on the estuary.  My wife and I just went driving out there a couple weekends ago to go -- surprise, surprise -- walk the trail system that works its way around it,  It's actually a very cool trail that eventually moves beyond the plant and over to Spencer Island,  We saw eagles and everything.  The moral of the story is you have to work your way through the crap to get to the good stuff.

• Awesome 1