Sticker shock at the golf store.

tybeegb

Geez Louise!  So I'm starting to play more golf and since it's the club's fault I'm not playing well I decided to replace them.  :P  Crap!  Seven irons (4 - PW) of the make and style I want is $999.  That's after the fit test, swing test, etcetera.  Now I'm thinking it may not be the clubs fault, entirely, so I'm going to opt for new grips and having the irons lengthened by an inch.  Much, much less expensive. 

I did pick up a used 3-metal (King Cobra - $10) in really good shape to match my driver and 5-metal.  :)

I have a friend who makes custom clubs.  That is all he does.  Has all the swing analysis techno gear.  You bring your clubs in and swing for him and then he modifies your clubs or makes new clubs.  He works with guys on the pro tour but his bread and butter is average guys.

He told me that just the shafts he uses cost him $300 to $500 for most and that some are over $1000.00 just for one shaft!

Anyway, if you come to Texas, bring your sticks and I will introduce you to Bo.

You either get old or die. I think getting old sounds like a better option.

That's because you aren't old yet. I'm 49. I'm watching age take things from me. And every year, the taking accelerates. I fight it as best I can. But it gets tiring.

That doesn't mean I want to die. But it means aging just isn't all that appealing.

That's because you aren't old yet. I'm 49. I'm watching age take things from me. And every year, the taking accelerates. I fight it as best I can. But it gets tiring.

That doesn't mean I want to die. But it means aging just isn't all that appealing.

I'm 46, so we aren't far apart.

It is tough to witness my dad getting old. He had me late in life, and was much older than I am now for as long as I can remember.

It sucks to get really old, but staying fit now will add years to your life. I know some 85+ year old cyclists that still ride their age in miles for their birthday.

I'll be 64 in August.  Slowing down every year.  Ultimate Frisbee is the worst.  LOTS of sprinting, plus I am not very good at throwing it.  Now the younger guys want to start up a tennis match group, so I guess I'll break out the old Dunlop wooden racket and see how I fare with that.  :P