So how is the car?

Randomguy

Lady at work bought a used Jeep Wrangler she found online from a dealer out of the area. She did all the paper work online and had it delivered Friday. She had dreams of dropping the top and driving it up to their camper near the Dells. Her husband took the afternoon off expecting it to see it arrive on a flatbed. Instead Beevis drove it the 350 miles with his buddy Butthead in another vehicle to pick him up. Husband was a bit miffed. So husband walks around the Jeep, checking it over, jumps in to start it up. Click, click, click, nothing but every dash light and alarm going off. He gets out to ask Beevis WTF? And they had already made a hasty retreat in their escape vehicle. When I left work Friday evening she was still on the phone trying to figure out what to do with the boat anchor in her driveway.

This is the story about why you shouldn't buy a vehicle unseen over the internet. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Lady at work bought a used Jeep Wrangler she found online from a dealer out of the area. She did all the paper work online and had it delivered Friday. She had dreams of dropping the top and driving it up to their camper near the Dells. Her husband took the afternoon off expecting it to see it arrive on a flatbed. Instead Beevis drove it the 350 miles with his buddy Butthead in another vehicle to pick him up. Husband was a bit miffed. So husband walks around the Jeep, checking it over, jumps in to start it up. Click, click, click, nothing but every dash light and alarm going off. He gets out to ask Beevis WTF? And they had already made a hasty retreat in their escape vehicle. When I left work Friday evening she was still on the phone trying to figure out what to do with the boat anchor in her driveway.

This is the story about why you shouldn't buy a vehicle unseen over the internet. 

Yikes!  

I bought my Landcruiser online and it all worked out well.  I asked a ton of questions and had them take it to a Toyota repair place I picked out for a once over, though, then had it shipped out from Dallas. 

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Yikes!  

I bought my Landcruiser online and it all worked out well.  I asked a ton of questions and had them take it to a Toyota repair place I picked out for a once over, though, then had it shipped out from Dallas. 

Texans are honest. 

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Wicked pissa.  I love having the top down.  We just went food shopping with it.  Perfect morning, weather in about 70, a little cloudy.

My wife has surprised me, she hates the wind, but will ask to go for a ride in it.  I planned to stay home on Friday, she took my car to work and drove with the top down.

It handles amazing, and is pretty peppy for a 6 cylinder.  320hp.  Holds the road like it was one with it.  The color is awesome.

Yay.  BMWs are really nice cars and our local dealer really supports Scouts

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

You need more garage. 

I need to paint it again.  We left the greenhouse door open a few times and the humidity came in and stained the walls and added a bit of mold in places.  The garage is actually pretty big.  Very deep and very tall, just not as wide as we'd like.

27 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

How many times have you run over the Mrs.' cord?

None.  This was a dilemma for us.  She does not like backing in, I do not like pulling in, so we decided to keep our respective sides.  When we put in the plug, it would have cost a lot more to run the 220 line to the other side of the garage.  We then realized the cable the car came with was long enough to reach to the panel, so we had the plug put in there.

Some mornings I need to unplug, but she's worth it.

• Heart 1

Slow leak in one tire.  The sensor showed low air in May, I pumped the tire up to 37 psi, then 23 psi yesterday.  I'll wait until the weather cools, search for the nail and hopefully can remove it with a pair of pliers and put a plug in (I have the kit) without taking the tire off the car.

The Honda Fit is the best car and most fun to drive I've ever owned, though I don't have to drive it on snow covered roads. I might want something with a little more road clearance if I wasn't retired and had to deal with snow.  The 2019 Subaru Forester I had as a rental the week my car was being repaired after getting rear-ended is a fantastic car and is probably more along the lines of what I'd want if needed more car.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, team scooter said:

A classic problem with the Wrangler is the shit linkage gromlet breaking. Wouldn't be able to get back in park to start the car. Recently replaced similar on wife's Fiat but the dealer parts guy was surprised on the Fiat as usually is the Wrangler. Hardest part is getting to it to it, at least on the Fiat - removing battery, battery holder, and disconnecting the wiring harness to remove the battery holder. The part was right under it. The dealer part was $14, Amazon was around $25.  I am assuming that the Wrangler is automatic. If you are able to push it when label say in "Park" the connector is separated and needs to be replaced. Car won't start when actually in D, N, R but can be pushed. Several YouTube videos on repairing.

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I never heard of anyone backing into a garage before!

I back in on one side of our garage as there is not much room on one side and easier to back in close to the wall and leave a larger space down the middle.

11 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I need to paint it again.  We left the greenhouse door open a few times and the humidity came in and stained the walls and added a bit of mold in places.  The garage is actually pretty big.  Very deep and very tall, just not as wide as we'd like.

Painting the garage was one of the worst experiences in my life. I was happier than I can explain when @Shu Fang hooked me up with a friend to paint it. I was about to divorce Mr Aire. 

• Haha 1