Nine grandkids

Longjohn

47 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I can’t imagine how their parents cope!

I have watched all six of Ben’s kids when mom and dad were away. It’s exciting but very manageable. They are amazing kids. Doing laundry and remembering who wears what is quite a challenge but they make it look easy. They do laundry every day.

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

My uncles both got married in the same year. In 6 years, they each pooped out 4 kids. 

It was too much for my grandmother in her late 70’s, you could tell she was overwhelmed. 

Good parenting has a lot to do with how manageable eight kids are. There are also things like special needs that make having a large family difficult.

10 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Good parenting has a lot to do with how manageable eight kids are. There are also things like special needs that make having a large family difficult.

Family gatherings got chaotic as hell. I didn’t appreciate little kids back then, I really wish I did. 

• Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I have 42 first cousins on my mom's side.  Family get togethers at the lake are some of my favorite childhood memories

Big families.

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

In my family it seems the key was everyone of us was tasked with taking care of someone else.  I think we mostly grew up responsible. Plus it was just expected we would mostly behave. 

Same in our extended family.

• Heart 1