What do you know about Zwift?

Prophet Zacharia

2 minutes ago, wilbur said:

I know my friend I just rode with in Italy wants me to get it so we can train together.  That is all.  :) 

I’d consider it if I didn’t have to buy another indoor trainer. I had a Computrainer years ago that had a chainstay attachment that went to my computer that allowed for simulated racing against computer riders and my own past rides, if a similar attachment could be ultized I’d be interested.

I looked into Zwift, just out of curiosity, a couple weeks ago. You need to do your homework on this one. There are a lot of choices out there these days, and you need to put together a package that suits your needs.

11 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Do you have to buy their trainer, or can you adapt your own fluid trainer or rollers to utilize the software and training experience?

From Zwift:

If you are looking to get started with Zwift—a wheel-on trainer is a good entry level choice. There are multiple types of wheel-on trainers out: ranging from trainers that don't transmit data to trainers that automatically adjust your resistance while you’re riding in-game. If your wheel-on trainer doesn't have built in sensors that transmit power, you may be able to make it compatible by adding one of our supported Power Meters.

...but I went with the same smart trainer as SW (grade thing wasn't invented yet, though) and absolutely HATED Zwift.  Training indoors remained awful.  I get it that folks up in the colder states may need a winter option, but I think I would get a fat bike with studded tires or take up cross country skiing way before I would rejoin Zwift.

• Heart 1

A smart trainer will connect to Zwift.  How old the technology is kinda plays a part in how easily it hooks up to zwift.  Griffin has a computrainer.  It is a little older, but works well.  He is on zwift and really likes it.  I must say that power training with a watt meter and zwift has made major improvements in his fitness.